1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride

I just had that happen with a head gasket. It was stuffed in a box and broken in several places. I couldn't believe somebody packed it like that. Lucky for me too, they were good about a quick refund.

Now we're in business. Two good GS850 pistons cleaned and prepped. Sending everything out for bore...

e4f8d12d91670059376dfdff6d672bdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Morse code

deviant said:
Now we're in business. Two good GS850 pistons cleaned and prepped. Sending everything out for bore...

e4f8d12d91670059376dfdff6d672bdf.jpg

Who you gonna have bore it?

deviant said:
Pistons showed up, one with a broken skirt... Fuckin' eBay...

202482752922a5d90ecc9ae187592c1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

That was broken before they were mailed. I hate eBay sellers who do that shit, probably closed account as soon as the cash was sent?
Should have read replies, great to hear they sorted things out for you.

crazypj said:
That was broken before they were mailed. I hate eBay sellers who do that shit, probably closed account as soon as the cash was sent?
Should have read replies, great to hear they sorted things out for you.

Yeah, I checked out the eBay ad where you bought them (search on "Sold listings") and if you look really really close at the picture you can see the one was broken, though it looks like they tried to turn it at an angle so it would be hard to see. I think you're probably lucky they worked with you. (Speaking of eBay and GS850 pistons, somebody has a set of four of them on there right now sitting at $29, great deal for a couple of the other 360 owners on here!)

Any way, carry on and get that thing built!

ridesolo said:
Yeah, I checked out the eBay ad where you bought them (search on "Sold listings") and if you look really really close at the picture you can see the one was broken, though it looks like they tried to turn it at an angle so it would be hard to see. I think you're probably lucky they worked with you. (Speaking of eBay and GS850 pistons, somebody has a set of four of them on there right now sitting at $29, great deal for a couple of the other 360 owners on here!)

Bummer those 4 are auction and not buy it now

ridesolo said:

They accept returns and exchanges and the listing wording was for a usable piston. They really should've accepted the return or exchange. I did admit that I never saw the pic with the damage. You had to scroll way down, which I didn't do (stupid on my part).

I'm mailing out the jugs tomorrow. ;D

deviant said:
They accept returns and exchanges and the listing wording was for a usable piston. They really should've accepted the return or exchange. I did admit that I never saw the pic with the damage. You had to scroll way down, which I didn't do (stupid on my part).

I'm mailing out the jugs tomorrow. ;D

"You had to scroll way down"

Fishy Fishy I leave good feedback with a turd in comments

hay people make mistakes the eabay seller is not neccasarilly a crookred prick ,however there are plenty who are from another planet and they have no conscience
they also have completely upside down physical propers of objects in motion etc hence the beyond idiotoc packing
back to making mistakes
this one rotten dicklick negger buyer , he negged me without a single note it was a kickstart shaft and gear rm125 he recieved it with a tooth missing
the pictures 6 of them i put in the listing all hid the broken tooth
the cocksucking negger i called him i had 4 more on the shelf was ready to send it,if he would remove the neg
he wailed you tricked me !!! you purposely hid the broken tooth !!
fucking insane ,man
it was a completely honest fuck up on my end ,and a perfect storm of fail,i was ready to send the replacement but tried to explain it was a mistake fer fucks sakes it was a 25 doller part
nope he was not gonna revise the feedback i told him he was a pos and hung up
insane,man,a fucking madman
one other time a carb a very siomilar situation only it was just missing a idle speed screw
i called the guy up and sent him the part but i am pretty that pos still thinks it was premedidtatered act on my end

Bad feedback is a last resort if someone is unreasonable then you will be able to see the corn in the turd... I hate selling anything because of cheap fucks and fear of misrepresentation or I would have a lot of shit on eBay!

Sidebar... On topic, I did measure for all to know the KZ1000 pistons to see if the pin and crown would stuff and were a mm from pin to crown but a flattop may just wurk with a little rod work if the bore can take 70mm

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

e0aa3506154a9fe2b24f04b1354953b1.jpg

50efb0743d585dde242b4ef649ae3ad4.jpg

850 Pistons in the fresh bore. Mototech, who machined the jugs, said the stock head gasket will work. I'm inclined to agree.

Nah... I would set the head on and snug tight the bolts just to settle the gasket and squish a ball of silly putty. If it were me I would chuck the piston up and trim that or use a copper base gasket to set the deck up more.

Have you got an old 'squashed' gasket to measure?
I'm pretty sure edges will contact piston when torqued down which is why I always use solid copper with CopperKote gasket sealer. The other reasons for using copper gaskets, better heat transfer through head and block into crankcase (about 6 times better than the alloy and unknown amout better than fibre gasket), plus they are re-useable

Back
Top Bottom