XS750 to XS896 big bore

farmer92 said:
I don’t know how it works there
But in quebec they are one and the same.
Every registered vehicle has an insurance premium in the annual fee
It covers extra medical costs in the event of an accident, lost wages, and up to 1k$ of riding gear.

We have Compulsory Third Party insurance as part of our registration cost, typically more than 50% of the cost is for this CTP insurance. CTP only covers injury to third party's, ie passenger, pedestrian or driver and passenger in other vehicles. It does not cover your personal injuries or damages to your vehicle, other vehicles or infrastructure. We have to purchase comprehensive insurance to cover those things and fire and theft etc.

This club rego thing is basically for vintage bikes that are not used regularly and are rolled out for club meet days or the occasional joy ride.

It's is great to know that I can get up to 90 days if I pay double as I wouldn't want to miss a ride solely because I'd used up all my days. Thanks for the info, it will be exactly what I need for my 1971 CB450.

if it's a government limitation or insurance carrier limitation?

The normal full registration for a bike is about $800. That is made up of $200 government fee and $600 in government compulsory insurance, which pays for injury to you and third parties plus damage to third parties.
Like others have said, by limiting the usage it reduces the risk for insurance. The $87 fee for the club permit includes the government fee and compulsory insurance for injury and damage to third parties.
I have also chosen to take out full comprehensive insurance for the bike with a private insurance company for damage, fire, theft, gear, etc to an agreed value for the bike. That is also significantly discounted by the bike having the limitation of usage from the club permit. That insurance cost me $118 for $8k of cover. For a fully registered bike the same private insurance would cost more than $1,000!

Now you can see why we love the permit system and bike more than 25 years old have gained significant value.

XS750AU said:
The normal full registration for a bike is about $800. That is made up of $200 government fee and $600 in government compulsory insurance, which pays for injury to you and third parties plus damage to third parties.
Like others have said, by limiting the usage it reduces the risk for insurance. The $87 fee for the club permit includes the government fee and compulsory insurance for injury and damage to third parties.
I have also chosen to take out full comprehensive insurance for the bike with a private insurance company for damage, fire, theft, gear, etc to an agreed value for the bike. That is also significantly discounted by the bike having the limitation of usage from the club permit. That insurance cost me $118 for $8k of cover. For a fully registered bike the same private insurance would cost more than $1,000!

Now you can see why we love the permit system and bike more than 25 years old have gained significant value.

Good info and interesting differences between you guys and here in the US. Here the vehicle registration costs vary by state and insurance rates can vary widely across the US. I have 4 road bikes registered and fully insured but I don't think I pay total what you do for your one vintage bike to be registered and insured. All states require basic liability insurance (for the protection of others) to be legal. Theft, crash, etc... is considered a"Comprehensive" and costs extra but I do have it for all my road bikes. I'm not aware of any club aspect to vintage bikes and insurance. Even inspections very somewhat from state to state.

Have my club permit now.
Cold over here now, but the sun was out so I could not resist going out for a couple of hours.
Pulled the plugs after the ride,very happy with the plug colour, jetting looks and feels great.

Attachments

• DSCF2064.JPG
    DSCF2064.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 418
Looks good.

I wish we had the Victorian club rego up here.
In Queensland for club rego you need to be going to or from and event or participating in an event to be able to use a "special interest vehicle"

I know a bloke who live up here but has Vic club rego. No idea how he gets away with it. Has a few different log books none of which are ever at the day use limit.

Back
Top Bottom