Finshed my tank

RobbertCole

Sky blue with a matte stripe little girly but....eh go fuck yourself :p
First time using bondo to a large extent but I think I did okay...its not perfect by any means but I am loving it right meow. I think its really gonna set the tone for the direction im trying to take the CB. From 5 feet it looks good but its def. not show worthy but I'm happy!

Let me know what you think good or bad

PICT3606.jpg

PICT3607.jpg

PICT3610.jpg

The crap around the filler area i could not get off for the life of me its not bondo...and i got lazy...oh well it will be some what coved by the gas cap. May touch up the stripes a little but the paint is still a tad tacky and hasnt set up properly yet.

Chivatty said:
Pretty sharp man! I like the colors too!
I am afraid the colors are a bit girly...but after I think about it, Its MY bike and I like it. If anyone says anything i can just promise them i wont run into thier garage and repaint thier bike this color. that and other than the block...the bike is black...all of it so i think it will look good finished.

looks clean but... not trying to play into your fears of it being girly but it is! heh, def not my first choice of paint, but like you said, its your bike and you like it :)

Dont' worry about the sky blue colour, check out my sig. Yea, I've been driving my wife's bike around town and it's a baby blue 250cc yamaha. LOL. Who's going to mess with a dude comfortable enough driving that?

Jay

great stripe by the way, I dig stuff that's asymmetrical.

This looks great! I've been trying to come up with patterns for stripes that don't run with the long axis, and this is FAR better than anything I've come up with.

There is a Dodge Challenger (one of the new ones) in the town where I work that is blaze orange with a similar stripe pattern in black. Every time I go by it I nearly twist my head off trying to get a better look. You'll definitely be turning heads with this.

All the harely guys at work already gave me a hard time for the fact that its a 350 so "Is that your sisters bike?" doesnt phase me.

Bike is down for now but ive caught a few people eyeing it in the parking garage.

I actually laid these down by accident. I cut strips of tape out for the stripes and after cutting i just set them down to get a better hold on them to put them where i really wanted them, i saw them like that and just centerd lined it up and laid them there for paint

RobbertCole said:
All the harely guys at work already gave me a hard time for the fact that its a 350 so "Is that your sisters bike?" doesnt phase me.

Bike is down for now but ive caught a few people eyeing it in the parking garage.

I actually laid these down by accident. I cut strips of tape out for the stripes and after cutting i just set them down to get a better hold on them to put them where i really wanted them, i saw them like that and just centerd lined it up and laid them there for paint

I love design decision stories like this :) The stripe layout reminds me of old school bmw race cars with the M stripes going diagonal across the corner of the hood + fender. I actually want to build a bmw cafe one day and utilize the M stripes, I think it would look bad ass.

uhh .. more pics please? Gold meshies with polished lips are absolute tits. I push a 99 540i 6spd. Shes kinda sad cuz I neglect her in favor of my cb350 build at the moment... but Ill get to her eventually :)

p.s. I feel you on getting away from the roundel.. I love bmws, but I could never be a die hard brand cheerleader, whether it be bmw, honda, mopar, or whatever. There are so many awesome things that go "Vroom!" out there, so it just seems silly to close yourself off to all manufacturers but one.

Give me an opportunity to whore out my car?

With pleasure haha!

It hasnt got the BBS style 5s on it right now and the car is currently on the lift for its manual swap but heres a little mod list

Supersprint long tubes
Custom CAI
2 3\4 inch custom full exhaust w/ magnaflow muffler
Eibach race/bilstine sprorts (being switched out for Tein basics after the swap)
Reinforced subframe
SwayBarbairan swaybars
13lbs Lightweight Flywheel
M3 zf 5speed transmission
M3 3.15 Limited slip Diff
Brembo slotted rotors
Polly Urethane bushings everywhere
Bride seats
Kirker Roll bar
UUC evo3 short shift
Carbon fiber sunroof removal and patch pannel (saved about 60lbs off the top of the car for autocross)

Then pages and pages of little appearance things
I dont have recent pics w/ all the modifications since I made most after I took it off the road for the manual swap but here goes

Heres a little before and after of the wheels
IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

Rolling on the 15inch winter wheels
17-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

heres some reaaaaally old pics
Picture093.jpg

carbon.jpg

timeattack.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

IMG_4305.jpg

Car should be together soon for some real pics

wow, Im not the biggest e36 fan (dont get me wrong, they are classic, but Ill take an e30 over an e36 any day!) but yours is super clean, very well done. And now I cant wait to see the updated pics :)

on the winters: did you rattle can them? Im thinking about doing that with my style 32's as they need to be refinished but I dont have refinishing money.

Back
Top Bottom