Metallic Sparkle...Spray Paints?

ccvsgod

Man Of Constant Throttle
Anyone ever tried to use the Krylon kind, or any kind in a can with good results, or is it a big jump up to learning to powder coat and airbrush to do this proper?

Dupli-color has a line of metal flake paints.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalspecks.html

Thanks man. Can Tire sells that stuff. Have you used the silver? It's hard to tell from that video how the finish is. I'm thinking of large metal flake but I guess it wouldn't spray out if they did put it in a can.

I used the silver, my build is in the show n shine gallery somewhere. Only sparkley when teh sun hits it, and it goes on really well. A think final coat is key if you want more lustre, and waxing it after helps alot too. It hides imperfections in body work pretty well too. I would consider using it again, if powder coating or a real stage painting process was not within the budget

My friend has used the blue for a mountain bike frame. It came out really nice and is quite durable once it cures. It makes a very close substitute for Yamaha blue, when it is is the sun it sparkles, and looks great. In the shade you can pick it out, but it wont blow you away. I think its the right mix between gaudy, and lustrous. It is also a fraction of an actual staged paint job. He used a clear over the top which helped with the depth, and sparkle.

how much painting do you need? I have some leftover met. silver from my Coors light project I did for Molsons

Back
Top Bottom