How does this happen in the middle of a parking lot a.k.a. bike ran over?

jay_kent

1979 cb650
Nothing like a transport driver with the inability to reverse in a large parking lot. I had been thinking about changing that rear section to a hoop but I wanted to do it on my own terms. Best part was the driver was getting mad at me because I was pissed off at him. The officer was pretty cool and a biker as well. Depending on how the insurance goes I guess i'll be looking for another frame with title.

Jay

Attachments

• DSC07365.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC07364.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 116
Re: How does this happen in the middle of a parking lot?

Holy shitee :eek: glad you was not ridin it when that happened

That sucks.
My bike was hit in a parking lot.
I didn't know until I noticed one of the rear footpegs was bent some days later. :mad:
Now I try to be careful where I park, even walking a bit further and park out of the way of most cages.

That really sux! :(

I've made it a habit to park on the sidewalk or an island where the cages have to jump the curb to hit me!! I get some annoyed looks from people but I've never been told to "move it." Obviously, I try to be respectful, and not park in the way of anyone or anything. :) The more out of the way you are, the better.

Good luck with the re-build! ;)

78kz said:
That sucks.
My bike was hit in a parking lot.
I didn't know until I noticed one of the rear footpegs was bent some days later. :mad:
Now I try to be careful where I park, even walking a bit further and park out of the way of most cages.

This was at work in a corner of the lot at the farthest part in a corner. The truck driver pulled into the wrong driveway and instead of just pulling out back into the street he tried to back into a narrow strip of parking. Best part was the office staff watching me yelling at the driver and gesturing to me to make sure he doesn't hit the cars.
Thankfully his insurance has to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom