Introduction and Build thread XJ550 Cafe/Brat

ovenmitz

Hello All,

My first post here within the first week of owning my first bike.

I purchased an 82 XJ550 with some slight modifications (although done very poorly) last week. Have aspirations of turning it into something special.

DSCN1681.jpg

Here it is as i bought it. I wasnt a fan of the tank/seat combo what so ever. So ive started to search around for something a bit more to my liking.

DSCN1682.jpg

Possible new tank of a Z650 81 model. I much prefer this shape. and luckily enough it fits quite nicely. Still needs some modification to get it sitting right.

DSCN1686.jpg

Plans are to do a custom pan for a "brat style" seat. PO had layed it over a few times, so a new exhaust is needed. I'll most likely black out the wheels and anything else i can get my hands on at the powdercoaters (less than 2 minutes walk away from out factory) Engine was running well, I have some new filters coming as well as rubbers for the carb.

I want to to a flat bar, tracker style, and of course change out the gauges.

Constructive critism more than welcome!

I'm going to watch this thread with major interest, because I have XJ550 too and planned modification will be inspirated by Wrenchmonkee/Bratstyle bikes too 8) I think I'm going to keep original tank, so nice tank/saddle lines could be little tricky :-\

Back
Top Bottom