DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! NEW ENGINE COLORS AND PHOTOS!

Re: DWMS RACING CB550F SUPER REVERSE PORT! GETTING BACK TO WORK!

Thanks for that incredibly helpful write up, I love this bike. Working with the wood for the back seat looks to be the easiest way I've seen so far. Keep up the amazing work on this piece of art. Thats an interesting way of doing it, was there a lot of work involved

Swagger said:
This crazy thing makes me smile every time I see it!

Would be nice to see it finished.
Maybe we could all get some insight into the engine’s power, efficiency and cams.

FJ

Good god, this thing looks absolutely nuts.

can we name this bike yet? I feel like it needs some sort of mythological greek or roman name, or something else fitting like "the javelin." It looks like a sword or javelin have been thrust through the heart of a beast as the angle of the carbs and the exhaust make it look like it's been pierced.

i would love to see a vid and hear the exhaust note out of those beautiful pipes..........
please???
wicked

Guess what I put back on the bike table today?! It has been a very busy year here at the shop so I have had almost no time at all to work on my own personal projects including the reverse port, now that it is starting to get cold I decided the new plan was to work on her a few hours a week at the very least so that I can try to finish her this winter.

My first goal is to finish the engine build completely and then go back and finish the rest of the frame work.

I have finally decided on the finish as well, I will be painting the fuel tank and the frame a deep red wine color and the engine will be all black with polished covers and accents. I am also going to change the rims from the chrome ones I have on it now to a set with polished hoops and either red wine to match the frame or black centers to give them a little more dimension so basically the entire bike will be the red wine and black colors with polished aluminum accent pieces. I still need to finish the final shaping of the wood seat however when I have completed it I am going finish it with golden oak stain and a clear coat.

For those of you who are new to Dotheton since the last time we posted new photos of this build, this is what she looks like so far!

000_0083.jpg

Awesome!

Can't wait to see her all finished up Bro!

Glad to see you back to work on this on Joe!

Brother Joe, I'm pumped to see you back at this one!

sick!
i cant wait to see this beast.....after a few red wines

Brother Joe, keep at it, I can't wait to see the beast on the road.

I know exactly where you're coming from running a busy and successful shop - I had 45 years of that and NOT having enough prime time for my own stuff !

Ironic - in those days I had the facilities and skilled blokes at my fingertips, but the day to day work of producing cars took precedence. Now I have the time - but not the facilities or skill base !

As most of you know I stay very busy at the shop so I rarely have time to work on my personal projects however I have dedicated some time to working on the reverse port so I thought you all may enjoy some new photos! I took the engine down tho the bare cases for the final painting and rebuild and decided to go with Starburst Fireball Metallic paint on the rocker cover and the engine cases, VHT Satin Black engine motorcycle case paint on the cylinder head and I sanded the edges of the cooling fin edges for a nice natural satin aluminum finish, the cylinders and oil pan are also painted satin black to match the cylinder head. To accent the rocker cover I polished the breather cover, installed a billet tachometer plug, installed new chrome finned tappet covers and bolted it down with new stainless bolts. I polished the stator cover and installed a vintage alloy finned outer stator cover and a matching alloy finned starter cover that I was blessed enough to find! I also installed the sprocket cover that I already engraved and polished with new stainless bolts and I am getting ready to polish a beautiful new alloy points cover and the clutch cover that I also engraved so that I can install them on the engine.

Just found this thread today. Read the whole lot amazed at what I saw. A credit to your profession and this site, not just in workmanship but also in the humble attitude that you convey. Am signed on to this thread for inspiration and a good vibe.

Back
Top Bottom