Distinguished Gentlemans Ride, Whos Riding from DTT?

Nice turn out in Milwaukee WI. I made it to the meetup but she wouldn't go after that! Cracked exhaust, leaky head and no spark. I guess I pushed her too hard to get there on time!

Attachments

• 0924171015d.jpg
    0924171015d.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 323
  • 0924171015b.jpg
    0924171015b.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 0924171014a.jpg
    0924171014a.jpg
    951 KB · Views: 310
They reported 98 bikes in Pittsburgh. I managed to finish my bike up this morning around 9:30. On the first leg of the ride the shift lever failed and was lost to the street. With the use of another riders' crescent wrench I put the bike in second and motored home via city streets and affected repair. I managed to catch the group at the third leg and got to ride to the final stop. All in all a great time again, there were a number of great vintage machines and a number of newer machines too. This year there were two 2-strokes, a GT380 and me on my RD. The previous two years I was the only smoker.

Missing
pxCR116.jpg

Temporary Lever
abtMgw8.jpg

The ride was a complete success in Columbus OH. 121 registered riders and 80ish (cant remember the exact number) bikes.

Lots of modern triumph and ducati stuff. I was towards the back of the group, so I helped load up a Norton commando that didn't quite make it and then stopped off for a bsa that had some electrical issues as well. Some electrical tape and zip ties and he was back on the road again.

Very well organized at the Columbus ride, very fun, and BEAUTIFUL weather (if even a little bit warm).

We started off at Motohio European bikes, and I have to tell you, the staff there was second to none. Definitely committed to the cause and very accommodating! If I am ever in the market for a new bike, I will buy one there without hesitation.

Looking forward to next year already!

3367e422d7f5f07510b0359ad08f2c75.jpg

a4157fed7540175c2b7ea6e9ae93e171.jpg

6b7a59071692b529692b869f9403dcdf.jpg

Sav0r said:
This year there were two 2-strokes, a GT380 and me on my RD. The previous two years I was the only smoker.

My goal is to have my RD ready in the next year or two. There were zero smokers at the Columbus ride. That needs to change

Another rider rode up beside me and warned me that my bike was smoking and that it smelled, I thanked him. Admittedly I was running a bit rich in 91 degree heat downtown, I'm jetted to run all year. The 2-stroke is lost on so many these days.

Sav0r said:
Another rider rode up beside me and warned me that my bike was smoking and that it smelled, I thanked him. Admittedly I was running a bit rich in 91 degree heat downtown, I'm jetted to run all year. The 2-stroke is lost on so many these days.

I kinda wanted to take the gt250, but it has a seal puking trans oil at this point, and to be honest, the 180 miles I did on the airhead would have been pretty brutal on the gt250 lol 95 degrees and sustained interstate speed. It would be asking for a meltdown lol

yep that probably would suck. I can't believe how warm it is. It was 90 last night FFS and the same today. Not bad when riding 80MPH in a mesh jacket but hot as fuck when you stop.

Sav0r said:
You got off easy. I was privy to a conversation between two guys, where one was trying to explain a (Triumph) Trident he saw once to the second guy. Second guy thought he was trying to describe a Triton that he heard about once. Neither one of them knew enough about either bike to know what the other one was describing. It devolved into a shitshow rather rapidly. I tried to impart my very limited, but still accurate knowledge on the subject to clarify what each of them were trying to describe. It only confused them more. At that point I decided to just stand off by myself and watch the circus.
But if you ever hear about a mysterious Triumph motorcycle called a Tridenton, or Tritonident, or Somethingretarded... you know where it originated ;) ::)

I joined the Montreal DGR, what a great day. Must've been nearly 350 bikes there, very easily more. Fantastic weather, great organization and tons of knockout rides. It was my second year and flew back from the UK especially for it. Hotter than Hell's whorehouse, what in the world? But no complaints here =)

The day before I couldn't get the CB750 started for love of money, but after hours of pissing up a tree finally found out it was a loose starter relay. Get in.

Hello DTT! Just wanted to revive this thread for the 2018 Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride on Sunday, September 30! The ride is a fund-raiser for men's health and prostate cancer, and there are lots of great vendors supporting the event and lots of great prizes. I am registered for the ride in Denver, CO, and looking forward to FINALLY running my CM450 cafe racer project I've been working on for the last 5 years. There are links below for the DGR 2018 webpage, and for my build thread (which I do need to update). Thanks and see you out there!!

https://www.gentlemansride.com/
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=55387.0

I'm planning on taking part in the Columbus Ohio ride again this year.

https://www.gentlemansride.com/fundraiser/Hurco550

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll be donating to this years cause, as I've done for the last several years. But I doubt I'll make the actual run this year.
The NOLA run (sponsored by the NOVMC) is a shitshow. Populated (ironically) mostly by modern Triumphs and Ducatis, and they show little regard for participant inclusion or safety.
It is amusing watching them strut around in costume while spouting inaccurate info about the "culture" though :)

The Columbus ride was actually well organized and safe last year, though there was no shortage of thruxtons and duc scramblers... and mis information about the culture lol

I can look past all that since the ride was safe and well planned.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I will be at the Melbourne Australia ride. Looking forward to getting the XS896 out for the ride.

As long as the Dogs smile favorably down upon us, I'll be joining the Pittsburgh, PA, USA, ride again. If the elves get to work I may even have a different bike than the old tired Guzzi....

Steve & the guys do a real good job organizing the 'burgh ride - my tweed cap is off to them!

Will see you there. Will be on my gt185.
XS750AU said:
I will be at the Melbourne Australia ride. Looking forward to getting the XS896 out for the ride.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

My wife and I will be doing it again this year in Cleveland, but we were thinking about maybe trying COLUMBUS or Pittsburgh

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Rusnak_322 said:
My wife and I will be doing it again this year in Cleveland, but we were thinking about maybe trying COLUMBUS or Pittsburgh

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

If you do Columbus, hit me up. Always happy to meet a fellow DTT member.

This year, they're actually doing an Augusta GA ride, so I'm going to give it go here instead of Greenville. So far, it's a pretty small ride with all modern Harleys and Triumphs with a Kawasaki EN500 and a BMW R120C mixed in. There's a Moto Guzzi Eldorado registered, too, but I don't know what year it is. It'll be interesting potentially being one of only two vintage bikes in the ride. LOL

Back
Top Bottom