The Whack Shack (formerly known as The Aviary)

Re: The Aviary?

Redbird said:
lol
Just so we're on the same page... I don't look like my avatar either ;) :p
You'd get a lot more help if you did! Perfect weather for building this weekend.

Little bit of an update...
Working on it during the week is slow due to my work schedule, but I was able to get the entire area under the shed up to grade as of yesterday.
IMAG0097.jpg

(it still needs some finish raking)
12yds of mud didn't go as far as I had hoped. I had planned on it finishing out the backyard, but there's only a few wheelbarrows full left. Looks like I'll need another 12yds soon. The good news is, it's not going to stop the shop from moving forward. I can grade the rest of the yard basically anytime. And since I had/have plans to install a pavestone patio on the back of the house after the shed was done, I'll grade out the rest then. I don't think I'll be able to get lumber in for this weekend, since I haven't even shopped around the materials list yet. So we're shooting for the following weekend. I reeeeeeeeally want this done, but I'm not rushing it. Personally, I'm just happy that progress is finally being made, even if it is slow ;)
And here's another gratuitous pic of the slave driving Supervisor...
IMAG0096-1.jpg

Von, when your R5 starts progressing faster than my shop... then you can throw stones ;) :p

Does it look like a cemetery right now to anyone else... or is it just me? :eek:
"Pain is the most gifted teacher" ?

It's not just you. I've had others say the same :D

"Pain is the best Teacher" ;)

Just curious, if your building a shed on top of the concrete pads, why do you even need fill dirt under it?

Because the ground under where the shed is/was roughly 8" below where it should be. Basically I brought it up to grade now, before the shed gets built, so when I bring the rest of the yard up, I won't end up with a lake under the shed when it rains.

Well,two steps forward... and then a kick in the nuts.

I got my building permit yesterday. During the process i was informed that there's a servitude at the rear of my property. I can't build in/on the servitude. And the back row of pedistals are on the servitude :mad:
Its really my own damn fault, for not getting the permit sooner. But I wasn't "building" anything before now ::)

Oh well, I guess I'll be moving pedistals this weekend :-[

Well it could have been worse. You could have built the thing and then been told you have to move it. ;D one row from the back to the front isn't too bad. It does suck you have to re-do a bit though.

The Aviary?

Redbird said:
And here's another gratuitous pic of the slave driving Supervisor...
IMAG0096-1.jpg

And where was the Supervisor when all the faulty surveying was happening? Probably sleeping or chasing skirts somewhere.

Maritime, after doing some measuring, it's not too bad. It's actually only 6" into the servitude. So moving all of them would be a pain, it won't be too bad. The easier thing would be to leapfrog the back row to the front, but that moves the shop 4' closer to the house. I was trying not to be that close, which is why I changed from the original idea of a 20'x20'.
Decisions... decisions... :D

Stuckey, I asked him about that and I got a whole backstory on misinformation and code switcheroos. But ultimately he blamed it on poor help and "stoopit pee-ons".
Somehow it got turned around into being my fault! And what's even stranger than that... I think I even apologized for it! :eek:

THREADJACK!!!

Attachments

• tumblr_mcm9hgKY8M1r8u2bko1_400.jpg
    tumblr_mcm9hgKY8M1r8u2bko1_400.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 651

She's nice. But I want a girl that ain't afraid of getting dirty...

50014_NpAdvHover.jpg

Back
Top Bottom