1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride

Modified BMW projector running light, mounting bracket, Mr. E Machining trim ring...
3a1549c6801c405d63809066c359bc2a.jpg

7deea30060220c802349574d6528ac34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deviant said:
Just sitting there. I'm not going to use it. It's from a '78 XL175 parts bike I bought for it's kick starter shaft. It needs cleaned and has a dent in the front corner, right where the tank goes over the frame top tube. You can kind'a see it in the pic where the two rust spots are.

Missed this reply... If the inside is usable I may make an offer on it... I have the stock xl tank with what I call the three wheeler filler cap (giant whore hole) on my 185... However I have also been kicking around an extreme chop cut rebuild into a tracker so the tank would change all together. If you want to part ways with it I have a tank grave yard started, get me one more pic of inside or let me know if its salvageable.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Missed this reply... If the inside is usable I may make an offer on it... I have the stock xl tank with what I call the three wheeler filler cap (giant whore hole) on my 185... However I have also been kicking around an extreme chop cut rebuild into a tracker so the tank would change all together. If you want to part ways with it I have a tank grave yard started, get me one more pic of inside or let me know if its salvageable.
Will do.

I have a nice stock airbox for that beast if you need but I was assuming you were going to put CV carbs, pods and Firestones.....so..... ;)

canyoncarver said:
I have a nice stock airbox for that beast if you need but I was assuming you were going to put CV carbs, pods and Firestones.....so..... ;)
Ha. Why don't you send me that airbox so I can convert it into a bong?

You could put it up for the mod of the month... Or build an Amen frame chopper to go with it ;)

The answer to the wheel base question is " Yeah that looks about right, I'll go with it, time for another beer." I don't know what I was thinking, I just ran out of steam on the project, and got busy machining things. If anyone can button it up, it's definitely this guy.

Ha. Well I am particularly proud of my mustard-based BBQ sauce. It's all about that sauce.

Mustard sauce... Your giving away your geographic location... Need to go to Sweatmans

The axle to the left is the one for my forks. The right is for the wheel.

06ab98e11af04b9125351dfcd9c1c002.jpg

They aren't the same.

cxman said:
they are for different fork tubes

I know this. ;) I need to figure out how to make them the same. KZ750 forks and KZ550 rims. Right now I'm looking for a bearing with the right shaft diameter.

Edit: CB750 uses a 15mm axle to the KZ750's 17mm. I think it would be easier to change back to the 750 front end (plus I have Mr. E's first triple #001 for a CB750) and utilize the same axle. But right now I don't have a CB750 front end. I just have this'n and (I think) a KZ650. That opens up another box, however, as E's triple utilizes no risers. Adjustable, just a question of what trail to I decide to ride on.

eric i have special sleeve bushings i use for different wheel adaptations on cxs

let me know your axle size i may be able to hand you a solution not involving swapping bearings

Back
Top Bottom