1977 CB750 Deviant Hell Ride

So glad I found this addition to the older thread, I am waiting on my cb500t tank to come so I can mount it on my 77 cb750k frame. Any tips or tricks you can give me on how to get it to mount easier? Also I noticed there was a gap between your tank and seat, is that gap present when using any seat based off the stock seat pan? (My bike is at my friends shop right now so I can't mock it up in person. Anyways thanks for any help you can give me, your build looks rad!

Cheers!
Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the seat on my GL now, which leaves a gap. As far as fit on the 750, I think it was made for a more forward position at the tail, so it really depends on the length of the hoop. With the tank, there are a couple of places around both sides of the middle of the tank and inside of the petcock that needs to be massaged with a hammer to fit over the frame well.

deviant said:
I've got the seat on my GL now, which leaves a gap. As far as fit on the 750, I think it was made for a more forward position at the tail, so it really depends on the length of the hoop. With the tank, there are a couple of places around both sides of the middle of the tank and inside of the petcock that needs to be massaged with a hammer to fit over the frame well.

Thanks for the info! I guess I could have worded my question regarding the seat gap a bit better, I am trying to run the cb500 tank with the stock cb750 seat, do you happen to know if it fits without leaving a gap?

I mocked it up that way once way back when I started. It didn't fit very well. The 500t tank is a tad longer and needs a custom rear mount where the stock tank used the rubber stay. It also had a king & queen seat, so it was all kinda crunched. Probably workable if you shave a bit off the front of the seat tho.

Thanks, E. I forgot to reply. I notice the hook on the tank and the hook on the frame or literally over top of each other. It should be an easy fab to figure out a mount. I have not gotten that far, though. I plan to get an E wheel from Brad, so until April the tin knocking is on hold.

Apparently, the front end is not as complex as I thought. According to my daughter, it's just a matter of getting my hardware right.

a9ad8155df1dad2101ed216a47c8e917.jpg

Coming from Brad it oughta be called a Canadian wheel or a French wheel. Anything but English wheel :p kidding... That's awesome. I'd love to know how to do that one day. Yeah i figured it wouldn't be hard to make a mount back there. But I do recall the stock seat is a big crunch with that tank. I gave the original seat away For that reason.

It'll go a little something like this...

bcc1433c2d305374a1bcc8deb5c5088a.jpg

2236603e363d087f3e932860a07a881a.jpg

I'm redoing the rear hoop to make it happen.

:-\ looks as though I may have lept with out looking too carefully when I bought that 500t tank. Wwhen you say a crunch does that mean that it is doable or will it just not fit althogether? Also I am trying to solve the whole dual outlet on the petcock for the 500t and was thinking that running two lines into a Y-connector would be the easiest solution, can you speak to that at all?

Sorry I am not trying to hijack your thread it's just such a stroke of luck that I wanted to take the oppertunity to get as much info as I can haha. I really like how your bike is turning out witht he raw tank and the MX bars I was thinking about doing something very similiar.

Are you gonna keep the raw tank?

I been debating sanding mine down for the past couple weeks. A Fresh new look for the Thaw. Is Bondo and rusty metal fashionable w the HIPSTERS these days?

No way. That's how it came from E. I haven't had the paint scheme meeting yet.

deviant said:
No way. That's how it came from E. I had to weld up a crack in it too.

thats what I figured. I didnt think you were ballsy enough to go raw nekked.

Thinking of running a scoop, at least on the oil side.

481675dddbc2072af4ce80b3e940be9c.jpg

you made me go back out and stare woefully at both of my 1980 CB750F Super Sports...oh the possibilities...

Attachments

• IMG_4215.JPG
    IMG_4215.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 407
More changes. Waiting on a CB750 fork set. In the meantime, the fairing I made for the GL ended up hot glued to the front of this machine. The foam mockup is ready for a thin coat of Aqua-resin, then casting. I also took the head to a local shop to have them weld up and re-tap one of the exhaust flange bolts.

8d357f0b989f752b818f1266ebd07e0b.jpg

9c658a55cec4f35e5569c7d69a33883f.jpg

0a83d123a397cf84257f635bd9917cc9.jpg

1ab2a4ddc132f9e5ed45d33a124b7375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom