1976 CB750 Into the Sunset

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
So, my dad decided to officially retire. And I decided to build him a motorbike as a retirement gift.

Enter this titled, running CB750.

Hope to have the bike completed within a month or two.

Plans are to give it a basic tune-up, clean and paint, etc. I am still debating on whether or not I want to swap out the tank/seat. That particular tank has about 10 pounds of bondo, I reckon.

JustinLonghorn said:
That will stay with me, and hopefully (eventually) be hardtailed.
Oh yeah lol I should have just brought the whole bike down ha

1976 CB750 Into the Sunset

Black tank looks a bit weird from the side, but sexy from the back. Maybe just how the front of the seat is lining up with it

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I think the 500 tank fits better with curvy lines of the seat.
Normally I'd prefer the look of the 750F tank, but I think the PO ruined it with the knee dents.

I don't mind the look of the 750 because it appears to have more structure to it, but I know the 500 will once it has some paint. So my vote is 500. Dodge the bondo.

It would seem the 750 tank would need some rework. I'd say go with the 5-er. Unless you really enjoy bodywork. (Everyone has their thing)

Still on the fence with the tank decision. I did weld up the seat hoop and welded in mounts for the seat.

The only reason I am still considering the F tank is the lines from the tank to the seat.

Back
Top Bottom