71 Triumph T100c

The other bikes M.O.T is up next week so i did some Pre mot checks and went for a ride (love this bike to)
http://youtu.be/E-vEjCF44Jo

Nice ride Jeff. The MOT sounds like a good idea, but is probably a pain year after year for individuals who keep their rides in good shape.

ya it is, but bikes from 1961 and older are exempt from M.O.T and road tax and bikes 1972 to 61 are tax exempt

Well that's good. Over here, each state has their own vehicle inspection requirements. In Kansas there is no annual inspection, just an initial VIN identification if you purchase an out of state vehicle. After that you can ride/drive any dangerous piece of junk you're brave enough to try. One nod to a tax break is being able to purchase an "Antique" car/bike tag for any vehicle over 35 years old. After purchase your annual tax rate drops to only $12 a year.

Still riding this old bike and going well
last week went for a ride with some friends who ride melligatis (is that how you spell it!!)
what a blast ,ill upload some pics when i get a new computer

She's a beauty Jeff. I've sold my CB360 Cafe, and a restored CB350F project. Now that I'm retired I've started picking up old CB's and restoring them for sale. Currently working on a CB350, with a CL350 scrambler waiting in my shed. I know it might be blasphemy, but I want to paint the tank, side covers and headlight bucket a beautiful Triumph Bonneville Dark Cherry. We'll see.

Glad you're enjoying your treasure. Hope you and Hil are still riding together.

Mike

Attachments

• 003 - Copy (1024x768).jpg
    003 - Copy (1024x768).jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 001 (1024x683).jpg
    001 (1024x683).jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 286
Glad to see your still building bikes Mike
the CL scrambler here in the UK go for about £3,000 restored so that's a nice earner for your retirement
Ya me and Hils still out riding we try and do one road trip a year on the bike (Yamaha FZ6) plus weekend stuff in the summer
roll on the summer a Mike
Enjoy your builds Man

Back
Top Bottom