My Honda SL100. Birth of the Taurus

bradj said:
You should make a seat outta your head i mean its already up your ass
Brad I can tell you this for I am a recovering assaholic. Hi my name is Patrick and I am a former asshole...but now I am stubborn about peace, mercy, and justice. I know you have had your differences with Redliner. I know sometimes tact on both sides has been lacking.

Have you ever watched the movie Shrek? I love that movie because it reminds me of how far I have come. One day when I was down on my luck some Ass came and made friends with me....but I was worse than Shrek was...I was an Ass-ogre. He pulled my ass out of my crack and helped set me on the right path...

I can tell this working on a motorcycle is therapy. It brings out the best and worse in us and sometimes at the same time.

Now I dont know Redliner. I have met him once. I can tell you he lives in the toughest part of BIG D and we don't have a clue what he is doing to help some blokes that have had their donkey in a ditch like I did. I can tell you that when we dropped off little green Redliner's first response was that this was going to help someone. From my perspective it seems you may want to cut him a little grace. We will keep you posted on his progress for Zeke and I have been invited to drop in...sometimes the Internet is like working on a motorcycle. It brings out the best and worse in us. It can bring the worse of our true selves and sometimes it doesn't bring out the best of our true selves... I have found that we all hide behind personas. It gives us a liberty to be our best or worst.

Like the movie Shrek sometimes it takes an ass to make friends with an ogre... Then the magic happens and a transformation takes place and then the Ogre ass married a princess and she gave birth to a special little boy named Zeke who understands justice and mercy as children do and told Tony of L and L that it made him sad that a cb175 was buried under a pile of Exhaust. One thing led to another and Tony sold Zeke that bike that he was keeping for himself and now a little green honda is becoming therapy for others...

P.S. you can blame KOP for all this...because I was on the phone with him when I picked up Zeke from school and he was telling me for the third time that I needed to go buy some part bikes...:)

My oldest son says guys can settle their differences by punching each other and then moving on...so punch each other and let's move on ;)

bradj said:
Traffic seems to be at a stand still on the high road.....im good
yea i know what you mean... i've taken the low road many times and cause a catastrophic pile up...then the high road slowed to a stand still because of rubbernecking...
I understand you are gonna do what you are going to do...asses are so stubborn but they also make good friends for ass-ogres...you can't lead an ass to water but you can buy him a beer someday...here is one of my Cartoons...cheers brad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 257
op'er made his bed in my eyes so until that addressed or I forget, This will continue. I'm not running for president. This bike will be as big a joke as the advice red gives to new guys that don't know any better.

bradj said:
op'er made his bed in my eyes so until that addressed or I forget, This will continue. I'm not running for president. This bike will be as big a joke as the advice red gives to new guys that don't know any better.
is this bike a joke?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 790
Who knows Bradj you may be the sand in the oyster for this project..lol..I hope you are at barber so I can buy you a beer. We need watchman on the wall like you and I do admire your zeal to watch out for newbies like Zeke and I. I can tell you from experience those that teach and toot their horn the most are usually trying to learn it themselves and the best way to learn it is teach it...and so as the song goes...Carry on my way word....

Greetings. That's a great bike. Look at my 125 stuff. Its actually going to be an XR200 motor in a CB125 chassis. The motor is pumped.

Attachments

• 7 004.JPG
    7 004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 253
  • 7 001.JPG
    7 001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 265
  • build5 012.JPG
    build5 012.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 255
divot02 said:
I forgot to add that this project started with a good running SL125.

Oh man, I saw your thread several months back. If I didn't take the time to add the comment then, I'll add it now. That's an absolutely stunning frame. One of the few that actually peaks interest! All together, you've turned a turd into something no less than respectable, and no-doubt very fun!

My project is less glorious. It's just to teach these guys what I do, since they're always asking as I work. Also, they have decided to buy a motorcycle for their daily driver. Not just considering, I mean one of them is asking if I can help him shop for one. So this is a great learner for these guys. Four-stroke, one carburetor, all five gears and the standard clutch.

The next time we're all around, I'm going to put the motor in the living room and tear it down. Sure it's a vertical case, but inside the concepts are the same.

Nothing but fun!

Brodie said:
It looks to be a similar bolt pattern to a few of the aftermarket boots for the Z50 intake manifold. Check this against your measurements

The bolts are 48.40mm (center) and the inlet is 24.3mm. It not a little too big, that might actually work!

divot02 said:
I used a electric sander with 80 grit paper for my foam seat. Works great.

We're going to keep the seat (with single rat hole) for now. But as time goes on and we improve things step by step, it'd be a great thing to teach them how to replace a seat cover and shape seat foam.

Guh, shipping would probably be no less than $100US ::)

But I see that that adapter works fine! I'll have to look for any 26mm O.K.O. with the adapter included.

Thanks heaps!

All good. They are really cheap with postage in Aus. I had a look at a few places for you and couldn't see any adapters to suit. Keep in mind that the US dollar is worth 1.10 Aus at the moment.

I will either do some extensive searching, or just walk up the street and pick through the 10-foot heap of carbs. There are plenty that do fit.

Making some progress on the cleaning. The roomies didn't want to spring for Evaporust or Metal Rescue, so we used this spray I've never seen before. Smells quite like shit, but works a treat.

Attachments

• photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 233
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 228
Back
Top Bottom