Krazy Katana

You are backing off the cable before adjusting pushrod?
Pretty sure I posted pictures in my 360 blog/build but can't be bothered to hunt it down at midnight

No, just undoing the locknut on the cable. Will try that tomorrow, and I'll look through your thread.

if the carbs are really blocked pumping oil through the idle circuits with an oil can works much better than compressed air does.

They aren't too bad, nothing some carb cleaner and air shouldn't fix. If that doesn't work though, I'll give the oil a shot. Never thought of that.

Pretty sure it's not named Katana but clutch should have given some links

With clutch I got a bunch of stuff for polishing and cutting the 360 clutch cover. I can look through again though, is the adjustment technique you're talking about done on the 360 but the same basic principle?

Principle is exactly the same for Katana as for 360. Katana has a much nicer release though.
Do you have the sprocket cover with holes? (some are not drilled but you can see the positioning)
The cable arm should be as low as possible before adjusting screw.
Couldn't find pics so searched my Photobucket ;D
Operatinglever-down.jpg

Operatinglever-up.jpg

This is what you need, if you have the drilled cover you can use a flashlight to see where the arm is
Back off the cable first, then get about 2 turns at handlebar end to allow loosening if needed. The adjuster in cover is probably too far out, lazy mechanic way of doing things ::)

Yeah, it has the holes drilled in it. So basically I want to get the arm to look more like the first pic, then do the adjustment according to the manual? (locknut off, unscrew then tighten adjuster, etc,)

Doing carbs and wondering if the rubber cap over the pilot jet is supposed to be there. Says nothing about it in the manual but the carbs dont look exactly like the ones in the manual. pic below.

Attachments

• pilot cover.jpg
    pilot cover.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 333
Rubber plug is to prevent direct feed from float bowl.
It feeds through drilling from main jet, makes controlling total fuel amount easier
There is a second jet in the nylon float pivot 'thing', it feeds to the drillings on right (around 3:00 o'clock position)

Ok, cool. the lack of a hole in the plug threw me off, was wondering how the pilot got fuel. Carbs are cleaned out, so I'll try to fire her up today. However, probably won't be going for a ride since its raining for the first time since like March here ::)
On a side note, after getting my friends TS250 running and going for a ride yesterday, I NEED a Two-Stroke in my life haha

Got it "running" today. I throw the quotes on there because I could only get it to idle with the choke on, making it hard for me to sync the carbs. Tried to take it around the block and it was ok, definitely not tuned right an a little bit of clutch slip, then died and wouldn't start a block from home.
Pulled a plug and it looks fine, but it won't start again. seems like there's enough gas in the tank. Re-adjusted the clutch, so we will see how that works out. Battery is pretty sad from so much starting so I'll give it a little charge tonight. Seemed to be charging when it was "running" though.

The problem I have with mine is overcharging, runs at 17v. New regulator ($120.00) didn't do a damn thing.
It's a special high amp piece of electronics built inside generator, one day I'll take it to bits again and see about fitting an external regulator :mad:

I think someone may have fitted the wrong drive gear, there are loads of different ones for different engines (eg, 1100 spins 'slower' than 600 so has higher gearing to maintain charge at lower rpm)
I'm not pulling the clutch off to check any time soon though ;D

Ahh, okay that makes sense.
I think I had chain slip or something of the sort, since the slack is WAY off. Didn't have a ruler but it looked to be something along the lines of 2" at least. Manual calls for 1-1.2 for 750 models, but has nothing listed for the 600. Figure just to shoot for that anyways. Gonna look for a rear wheel stand on CL or Harbor Freight since there isn't a center stand on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom