Any Kentuckians here?

Yamatech

Two wheels, one love.
Whats up south, havent seen many from KY on here. Looking for some rides, runs, meets in the area. There's not much hype about bikes where Im from, especially cafe racers and bobs.

Welcome, yamatech.
I know Cherrygryphon and KZsall are from the Winchester area. I don't live in KY myself (Ontario Canada here), but find myself in the Red River Gorge area on at least once annual climbing trips (though I've never made the trip on my bike...)
Speaking of the Red, there's an event coming up really soon there (I think it's the weekend of the 20th?) called the Spring Thaw. Check out that postand, if you can make it, you'll be sure to meet a few of the kids from the forum AND have a great weekend of riding. Two birds, one stone!

Thanks guys, I've never heard of the Spring Thaw. The gorge has some of the best roads to take a cruise in my area, I live maybe 20 minutes from it. I've lived in Lexington before I moved to Florida now I'm back in my home town of Mt. Sterling which is 30 minutes from Lexington and maybe 15 from Winchester. I know a lot of great roads to cruise down if anybody is up for it let me know, it's mainly back roads where I'm from so its always a great ride. My town isn't too big so I hardly ever see anyone else with a bike older than 10-20 yrs old. I have some friends in Cincinnati that I ride with from time to time, I hear there is a mods vs rocker thing going on up there soon. Anyone attending?

The Thaw was last weekend. You missed a hell of a trip. About 30 of us met there from all over the country, including Tim, the admin from Toronto.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44522.msg486413#msg486413

END OF LINE

I know this thread is a little dead, but I just found it. Lol. I lived in Mount Sterling for a good while, and now live in Lexington with my wife. We both have cafe bikes, and just got back from a ride in the northern part of the state with the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club. We're trying to drum up new members so we can get some more events down our way. Most of them are closer to Cincinnati since there's more people up there. Myself, my wife and KZsall were there today.

Check out the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/VJMC-Cincinnati-and-KY/446435025424992?fref=ts

Any time you want to ride im down for it. Ilive close to ft. Campbell Ky. its not a terrible distance but thats the same for me. the closest is nashville with a bunch of guys called psuedo moto. trying to start something closer in my neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom