Building this exhaust

rachsrib

I really like this 2into1 option. I have a CB306 with the CL header and wanted a 2into1. Any ideas on how they built this?

Never done an exhaust before, not even sure of where to get the correct sized 2into1 collector. Should I weld it or do the collectors clamp on?

Are there any performance issues with turning CL headers into 1?

Any insight is appreciated, not sure where to start.
Thanks
2572-131114111042.jpeg

Looks like just a modified scrambler exhaust with a two-into-one collector. Tons of the collectors on ebay, amazon, etc. Just get one for the size of your pipes. Keep in mind though, some bikes don't like the 2-1 as much as others.

I have seen other 360's with 2into1s but not many with the scrambler headers. I'll message the builder and find out what he has to say, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Monkey wrench cycles said:
I just did something similar on a CL450

Here are the finished pics

I made my own 2-into-1 collector as well.

very clean. I like how you wrapped around the front down tube. I did something similar...just got a little carried away lol

20141019_132348.jpg

go to coneeng.com and check out their collectors. They also have a table of primary to secondary sizes.

If you want more info on collectors, spdexhaust.com has different collector angles and they explain which gives more power (or at least which does the least harm). As someone mentioned earlier engines with 180 degree cranks don't tend to work well with 2 into 1 exhausts where 360 degree cranks do, but I don't think that outright performance is your goal. It's always good to know more though.

Not trying be a dick but has anyone of those 2 into 1, been tested? I got an arrow 2 into 1 with heat shields and it throws a lot of heat on my leg. I'm use to it, but I see a lot of these exhaust burning your leg off.

crackerman said:
Not trying be a dick but has anyone of those 2 into 1, been tested? I got an arrow 2 into 1 with heat shields and it throws a lot of heat on my leg. I'm use to it, but I see a lot of these exhaust burning your leg off.

I believe CrazyPJ has done some 2 into 1 testing and reported the Honda 360 motors don't like them much.

Thanks I have looked around for an answer to the 2-1 performance question but haven't come up with much.

I wouldn't go 2-1 if there was a decrease in performance. I like the way it looks but if the 2-2 performs better I would go that route as it is easier to mount up tow mufflers for me than to weld and create a collector.

Been looking for info on this myself. I have a set of Moto-Guzzi pipes my cb360 came with - hoping to fabricate them into a 2-to-1 setup. Following along

http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/merge-collectors-100/parallel-2-1-merge-collectors-117/

You're welcome in advance. ;)

Just what I was looking for, but I am still trying to find out if these bikes like the 2-1 or if I should just keep it 2-2

Back
Top Bottom