self oiling system for blue smoker

flatyre

hey guys how hard would it be to make a pre mix two stroker into a self oiler? has anyone done this, sorry if its a daft question.

very hard, adapting the pump form a similar sized engine and getting it running at the correct flow is the issue, the splitter in the throttle cable to meter the pump is no big a deal
what engine are you working on ?

unless you can retro fit an existing system there really is no way
it isnt that hard at all just putting in oil at the gas pump just be sure and shake the bike around a bit as the oil will go to the bottom
and you can be slightly off on the amount it does not have to be exact i use 32-1 which is 4 oz to a gallon, but being even off by 20% either way is still going to be very safe with todays quality oils

A lot of the self oiling motors also pump the oil directly to the bearings. That method allowed a lot less oil to be used....Self oiling engines are usually more than just a pump spraying oil into the intake.

Yep. My Suzuki TS185 has an injector for the crank bearing and for the intake. The pump runs off a drive gear inside the motor and bolts onto the case.

The real deal is not only an oil injector that pumps oil steadily and at the righy amount when you twist the grip but a pump that is geared to the crank so it will lubricate even when idling or downshifting driving downhill.

thanks for the advice guys, not a big deal to pre mix, just thought I'd look into the alternative.

Its certainly tempting to think about self oiling systems since pre mix systems starve the motor off of oil in certain driving situations.IMHO pre mix is best for race use since you wont go off throttle most of the time :)

It would be extremely insteresting to find a plug and play oil injector that would work.

If you used and VSD electric motor synced to the rpm you should be able to drive an oil pump.
You could probably sell those as kits and make a fortune.

Brodie said:
Majority of people seem to like premix. Less parts to fail.
all the street legal 2 strokes had it from the factory anyway and they were systems that worked extremely well, so there is really zero market for it
you sure as hell ain't gonna sell it to a racer, premix works fine, the only issue there ever was with premix was the very rare piston sticking in certain situations but the moly coated pistons nowadays have solved that issue

Thanks Xb, so the Suzukis use a Mikuni pump and Yamaha appear to have designed their own. What do the okd Hondas and Kawas run?

yammers use mikuni as well as kaws(i think) there werent't a hole lot of street legal 2 stroke honda's, don't know what the few like the mt's used

Honda's are mostly 4 stroke going way back.....IIRC, the Elsinore Dirt bike was one of the original 2 strokes from Honda....Was a big thing when that came out as it was a new engine type for Honda....

Back
Top Bottom