2015 Ducati Scrambler?

mwm1977

Been Around the Block
Not digging this bike at all! What a let down!

Attachments

• 2015-ducati-scrambler-first-look-4-622x413.jpg
    2015-ducati-scrambler-first-look-4-622x413.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 638
  • 2015-ducati-scrambler-first-look-2-622x413.jpg
    2015-ducati-scrambler-first-look-2-622x413.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 778
I don't know how you don't like it! lol... I think it looks great (at least in the two forms with the wire wheels).

I did a little quick Photoshop on the one I like the best and I think it looks great:

3d6e84ba48f921105284e19f2fdfe2e8.jpg

I dont like the swingarm and the exhaust, looks too much like a super moto without plastics

Take that bottom Photoshopped photo and replace the low exhaust with a high one, and you have a sweet scrambler. I like it.

I like it - they seem to have honored the history pretty well. In your photoshop exercise I'd put the rear fender/indicators back on. Not a fan of stock seats just left hanging there in the wind with nothing around them. Looks like a 17 year old's cafe racer ;)

Too bad no high pipes, but I think they were perhaps a) avoiding criticism of copying Triumph's current 'Scrambler' and b) leaving the door open for a $750 accessory :p

1-300914202405.jpeg

High pipe rendition...

Attachments

• 2015-ducati-scrambler-first-look-4-622x413.jpg
    2015-ducati-scrambler-first-look-4-622x413.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 561
I'll admit, I like it and I'd love to give one a test ride. Their "lifestyle" marketing is waaaaay over the top, but that's a whole different thing altogether.

I'm sure Ducati have PLENTY of aftermarket dressup and performance accessories on the way.

The "urban" model...is bit more easy to digest. I'm sure they have high pipes ready to sell as an upgrade, along with other upgrades. Have to see and ride one first before I can truly hate or love it I guess...

As requested:

41c8bea640262ee77a795db48b100455.jpg

I agree a high exhaust would really look better, but I feel as if that's just going to be a nice 'dealer option' to drain a little more cash out of buyers.

My Photoshop "skills" aren't good enough to do a high exhaust, but I'd love to see it with one lol

but agree with tim a seat just hanging lonely at the rear is not attractive i think if they added the rear hoop and most of the original fender profile then a winner is borne

I like it, but I don't understand the passenger pegs on the swing arm. I would think that might be a problem.

Several bikes (especially older ones) are set up like that. On road, the passenger barely feels it.

Not a fan of the marketing campaign...

but overall I really like it. I might prefer a straighter line from the bottom of the seat through the tank, but this does look more retro.

The reports make it sound like a detuned engine, which sounds crappy. I'm sure there is a reason for it though.

misfitfiend said:
I like it, but I don't understand the passenger pegs on the swing arm. I would think that might be a problem.

I think it's just an optical illusion from the side view. from the back it looks like the peg supports are separate

12-DUCATI-SCRAMBLER.jpg

PlayerB said:
Not a fan of the marketing campaign...

but overall I really like it. I might prefer a straighter line from the bottom of the seat through the tank, but this does look more retro.

The reports make it sound like a detuned engine, which sounds crappy. I'm sure there is a reason for it though.

I think it's just an optical illusion from the side view. from the back it looks like the peg supports are separate

12-DUCATI-SCRAMBLER.jpg

the seat and tanklines follow the design of the scrambler single and very closely they do
it was a motorcycle that sold big for ducati

Yeah I like it! Here's a guy talking about it. I had a Ducati single in the 70's one of the coolest bikes I've had. I'm gonna look for one to fix up someday hopefully! But I agree about riding the new scrambler to see how it does! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDIanKN2hcc

i really like the bike, a standard motorcycle, on the verge of being adv capable as well, certainly would do fine on forest/gravel roads with some proper stone guards and fenders
too bad about putting a cheapo peace of shit shock on the rear, boo ducati

Whoever designed it without high pipes and substantial fenders should be kicked in the taint. :mad:

Or better yet forced to ride on the dirt roads around here, if the horse/cow/dog shit from the farmers moving cattle between fields doesn't make a point the rocks will. :p

Back
Top Bottom