My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Yes I was suprised when I saw the spec for the T500 race bike porting. Those specs for the daytona pipe don't have the tapered down pipes which I would have expected .

I wish I knew someone with Jemco's as that would be ideal for me to copy them. I can fab them no problem but as you say do I want to.... no I don't.

I just found out from Jemco this morning that their pipes cost exactly the same as Swarbricks. However Jemco's are completely assembled and Swarbricks aren't, Swarbricks have the aluminum manifold at the exhaust port with spring attachment (prefered) Jemco are just bolt on flanges like stock. Still not sure I can make myself shell out $700 for pipes.

I have swarbricks on two race bikes and bought a set for an RD400 project I sold - I must have been in a better place financially back then ;-( Great pipes and they came with tapered headers too.

Not cheap though.

Thinking about doing something like the pic below to hide the wiring that typically resides in the headlight. Been trying to figure out what to do with the wires and connections for a while now so this could be a pretty good solutiuon.

I would build a unit from aluminum to tie in with the rest of the bike and still run two lights but down low similar to the pic.

Attachments

• Yamaha-R1-Flat-Tracker-2[1].png
    Yamaha-R1-Flat-Tracker-2[1].png
    1.5 MB · Views: 265

What if you add a small boxes behind the front plate to keep the wiring in and clean looking ? Paint the back black to hides it even more !

johnu said:
Thinking about doing something like the pic below to hide the wiring that typically resides in the headlight. Been trying to figure out what to do with the wires and connections for a while now so this could be a pretty good solutiuon.

I would build a unit from aluminum to tie in with the rest of the bike and still run two lights but down low similar to the pic.
That would be sick,i think it would go with bike rather nicely.

DreadRock said:
What if you add a small boxes behind the front plate to keep the wiring in and clean looking ? Paint the back black to hides it even more !

Yes the plan is to build a box behind the plate for all the wiring. Hadn't thought about it being black though, sounds like a plan.

That is what I did on the Phat Trakka. I made a box out of carbon fiber to sit between the fork legs and wiring connectors and relays sit in there and up front the race number plate is cut down slightly to fit around 2 small lights. If I did it again I would use a single HID with angel eyes.

Not much going on at the moment. Made the box (to house all the connectors that would normally be in the headlight shell) to go behind the front plate and started the bracket to mount it to the forks.

Attachments

• light brkt.JPG
    light brkt.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 248

I decided to come back to this section from the dark side (specials forum). A bit more action over here I think!
Here are my lights mounted, now need to get the front plate done.

Attachments

• lights 2.JPG
    lights 2.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 265

Bars are Renthal "Fatbars" KTM bend with KTM mounts. Forks are Kawi 636.

neckyzips said:
I'm in! Nice work! I cant wait to see the end result

Thankyou, I am ready for the end, its taking way longer than I thought! Stopped putting finish dates on it now as it never seems to get done.

johnu said:
Thankyou, I am ready for the end, its taking way longer than I thought! Stopped putting finish dates on it now as it never seems to get done.

Thought the same way and stop finishing dates after a year LOL Funny thing is as you get to the end of the build your thinking of what you can do better on the next one ;D

Ha ha, I know the saying 90% done and 50% to go. The difference between bolting on and painting vs. actually making the parts from scratch is night and day.
Cheers, 50gary

Yes, well I am ready for the bolting on stage. I can see the finished bike in my head, now I am ready for reality. The pipes are the only time consuming part of the project left to build now.

And yes I am already thinking of my next project!

Worked on the front plate today and I think this will be a good solution to hide all the electrical connections in the box I have behind the plate. It looks humongus at the moment but I think it will look better when I get some pinstripes say 12mm in from the edge. I now have to decide if I am going to use Dzus fasteners or round head cap screws to mount the plate.

Attachments

• front plate.JPG
    front plate.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 294

This is looking great John! Pinstripes will definitely make it look smaller.

Back
Top Bottom