calling all cb360 owners out there who've swapped the front forks

XsjadoTwin

Been Around the Block
I would really like to go with a more modern set up for handling reasons and would like to know what is the easiest/most common set of forks to swap with? I understand an inverted setup gives more rigidity and support to the front end and that's what I would like to achieve. But I would like to TRY and keep as close to stock rake without throwing the geometry out of line for the worse (these are after all supposed to upgrades ::))

CrazyPJ has done some of these swaps, and has some info about forks in this thread:

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=52594.msg589361#msg589361

You'll need AllBalls conversion bearings as well...

For really modern handling, get a modern bike.

The CB360 is a pretty loose bike. Better forks and shocks transmit more forces to a not overly strong chassis. If you are upgrading forks and shocks, you need to stiffen and brace the chassis too.....Stiffer forks only make the steering neck deflect more....Not that you won't feel an improvement, but the system has to really be improved, not just a single component...You may find cracks in chassis parts that are receiving more stress.

My CB360 handles less well than my NH750, which handles like a Mack truck compared to a Ducati Multistrada 1200s.....

However, the light weight of the CB360 makes it a lot more fun to ride around in town then the 750....

Not that improvement shouldn't be good, but the investment in time and labor and $ doesn't really yield significant results.

Back
Top Bottom