Monsters are real...

Redbird

Dolor est Magister Optimus
DTT BOTM WINNER
”Monsters are real. Ghosts are real too.
They live inside each of us. And sometimes, they win.”

~ Stephen King

Talk to your kids about suicide.
If you don’t know how to start the conversation, there are sites online that can help. But whatever approach you take, get it done.
Last week my 15yo nephew became one of the 1 outta 10 kids that commit suicide.
Don’t let yours be the next 1 outta 10.

So sorry to hear that man. Right at a year ago, my best friend lost his fiancee to suicide, and before that i had no idea how widespread of an issue it was. I agree 100%. Talk. Listen. Help. It may make the ultimate difference in someone's life. Wishing for peace for y'all in this tough time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really sorry to hear about that! Peace and comfort for your family.

I'm sorry to hear that too. Just today I was riding with a friend of mine and this subject came up. My thoughts are with you and your family, I'm sorry man.

Condolences redbird,
It feels like so many of today’s tragedies happen because of the conversations that don’t.

It's not a new thing. Back in the 70's I had three Navy friends commit suicide within about five years time. Not seeing any better options, being forced down a path they can't handle, facing consequences of multiple bad choices (theirs and other's). Sometimes adult situations hit young people that are just not prepared for them. They need the most counseling to realize that there are others to help them through.

Also very important is counsel for family and friends.

Thanks guys.
There was no indication this was coming. Outgoing kid, good in school, lots of friends, active social life.
It's not always the "moody, sullen, outcasts".

Redbird said:
Thanks guys.
There was no indication this was coming. Outgoing kid, good in school, lots of friends, active social life.
It's not always the "moody, sullen, outcasts".
More common than people realize. Had a family member do the same, and a good friend try to. Neither were what people think of as suicidal. The friend, he found out his girl had an abortion without even telling him she was pregnant. Took a bunch of pills and stuck a shotgun in his mouth.

Everybody seems to think you can see the signs. Sometimes you just can't.

My buddy Dave lost his oldest son to suicide. He was A+ student. captain of the hockey team, seemed to have it all together, none of us saw it coming, there was one person who he told things too, she tried to warm his family about it but didn't really know how to do it. When she finally came forward to warm his parents he had already hung himself. It's hard to talk about, but needs to happen before others are lost. Condolences Redbird. Sorry to hear of another lost to the demons.

Back
Top Bottom