WWII Hells Angels flight jacket on eBay

Represto

Over 1,000 Posts
Not mine, just thought it was interesting.

Opening bid is $2000

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290483540778

"Included in this auction is a estate collection of original World War 2 items related to the 8th Airforce 303rd Bombardment Group, 360th Bombardment Squad" The Hells Angels".Included in this auction are all the items featured in the photos.The main item is a Original A 2 8th Airforce Flight Jacket size 36 with number 35 & bomb on front( 35 missions flown) with unit insigna on front( Hells Angels ) and the planes nose art on the back (The Lucky Linda).Jacket has some moth holes on bottom wool part of coat. The leather is in nice condition . On front page of the photo album serviceman dates the album October 18th 1945. This album occured thru the period from November twenty eighth 1942 until October 8th 1945.The pictures and articles herein contained are representative of the service ,the friends and others and is to act as a picture diary of the service in the army of the United States.The order of places stationed are in cronological order sequence and a index may be found in the back signed by Harrel A Waltmire. He served with the Norment Foley Crew 303rd Bomber group as a Ball Turret Gunner. Intro is done in serviceman's own writiing with autograph. Lot includes a photo album from the serviceman with 100+ photos, AAF Tech School Card,A Coffman Memorial Union University of Minnesota A 3063 card 88th CTD,2 photos of air crew in front of planes, a history of the unit, papers related to the unit.Head Quaters of the Allied Expedionary Corps,Special Orders # 156 Restricted Extract dated June 4 1944 Kearney Staging 271st Base pre bombing for D Day. Harrel is listed by name with crew for the mission,A couple of personal data forms,Retirement Orders Papers, Award Letter for Oak Leaf Clusters for wear with air medal,General Orders dated 9th November 1944 , All 35 missions written out by Harrel for bombing missions over Germany signed by Harrel Waltmire Titled the Operational tour of Sgt. Harrel Waltmire which took place August 3rd to November 9th 1944 listing the places bombed and the members of the Norment Foley Crew.Some photos of the ground taken from the airplane. Letter from Supreme Headquater of the Allied Expedionary Corps, A Flyer Titled Deutsche Arbeiter . Check my other auctions on ebay to find other related items to this estate. Including a 2nd photo album related to this estate Ebay # 290475375124.Look at photos for details.check out my other great auctions on Ebay.Shipping costs included with delivery confirmation and insurance.Internation bidders read special shipping instructions costs and exclusions before bidding."

HellsAngelsFlight.jpg

HellsAngelsFlight_1.jpg

HellsAngelsFlight_2.jpg

HellsAngelsFlight_3.jpg

HellsAngelsFlight_4.jpg

Let me be first to call fake. Jacket doesn't add up. Pinup on back is way too well done, too modern, not in correct era style. Jacket isn't beat up enough and wrong colour. I'd say someone took an old flight jacket and painted it himself.

Also, the photo collection adds no authenticity to the jacket unless there is a photo with the jacket in it....which he doesn't have.

My first thoughts exactly. Not only is the pinup too well done, its in the wrong style. Very 1980s. And the lettering is all off. All that on top of the fact that the paint is wrong. It would have been done with military grade automotive or aircraft paint. That is obvioulsy not heavy enamel paint.

It sold! Two bids on it. Some sorry sack just paid $2000 for a $100 jacket and $20 worth in art store supplies.

Represto said:
It sold! Two bids on it. Some sorry sack just paid $2000 for a $100 jacket and $20 worth in art store supplies.

DAMN IT!!.. Ive been had again!!.. :(
I should have seen this thread first!!.. :(

Q: Just to clarify - 7 day return if I am not satisfied that the artwork is not period. Thanks
A: Yes, you may return items for a refund. Thank you Arthur

Q: Is the art work original from WWII or was it done after the war. The art work looks to be to good to be true. Please clarify. Thanks
A: I don't know the exact year the jacket was painted.It is NOT one of the modern remakes.The jacket shows wear, and the size matches for the serviceman.This is a original world war 2 jacket and photo album. Thank you Arthur

Whoever bought it will have it checked out and will get their money back if it isn't authentic.

At least that one comes out and says it's a modern reproduction.

Back
Top Bottom