TTR400 Assisted 1975 CB400f

Louis1972

Here we go, my current CB project....

I was fortunate enough to meet Kevin (www.TTR400.com) in 2012 and convinced him to build be a rolling chassis for the next project.

Anyway, some detail on the build…I collected a rolling chassis built by Kevin Bidgood with the following spects:

1975 Frame 2K gloss black fitted with:
* TTR400 new design swingarm.
* TTR400 Anodised rear sets.
* Overhauled CB400F front forks.
* TTR400 billet lower triple tree.
* CB400F Standard gloss black upper triple tree.
* Standard CB400F Battery/air filter box.
* New Fuel tank Rubbers.
* Fuel tank…”unrestored”
* Plastic inner fender.
* Standard fork brace.

Wheels:
* Polished CB400F rear hub laced to a Morad flanged 2.5-18 Rim with Stainless Steel spokes. New bearings.
* Polished CB400F front hub laced to a Morad flanged 2.15-18 Rim with Stainless Steel spokes. New bearings.
* Front and rear axles and spacers included.

Tyres:
* Firestone Champion Deluxe Front & Back

Engine:
* Yoshimura 466cc piston kit.
* Ported cyl head with new valves.
* New intake rubbers.
* Std camshaft and springs.
* Balanced crank and rods.
* New main and big end bearings.
* New primary chain.
* New race cam chain.
* New Cam chain adjusters.
* Overhauled gearbox with new bearings.
* All new seals and gaskets.
* Fitted with Std alternator and starter motor.
* Restored set of Std carburettors.
* OEM plastic airbox.
* Bead blasted finish on crankcase.
* Painted Bronze finish on engine side covers.

Electrics:
* Dyna electronic ignition with coils.
* New Honda wiring harness.

Front Brakes:
* Drilled stock…Front brake disc.
* Restored front brake calliper.
* Braided hoses

As for the theme...I have got the guys at Los Muertos Motorcycles in Cape Town assisting.

The LMMC brief as follows:

The 1967 RA273 Honda F1 car driver by John Surtees...the only driver to have won World Championships both on bikes and in cars. a Colourful racer that piloted this Honda around Kyalami with 100,000 spectators. In 1975 Surtees notoriously adopted the livery of Durex condoms, to the consternation of BBC television, who refused to broadcast the British race ImaPoser

5v8r.jpg

kkrn.jpg

Some renders received from LMMC

72zc.jpg

ed0r.jpg

stmo.jpg

I used 2 part polyurethane foam to mould the seat, great fun!

Foam seat has was scanned using 3D scanner......will digitally "enhanced" & finished compliments of my industrial designer brother

Bump from dead! Seems Louis1972 hasn't logged into here in over three years so sending him a PM would get me no where.

Anyone have an idea about the make-shift fender and fork brace he's running? I'm running the same tires and the original cb360t fender doesn't fit over them. It looks like he uses an original fenders inner brace, but my fenders inner brace doesn't fit over the tire. So I'm confused.

He says he uses a standard fork brace. But what does he mean by standard? Am I able to buy it online?

klove614 said:
Bump from dead! Seems Louis1972 hasn't logged into here in over three years so sending him a PM would get me no where.

Anyone have an idea about the make-shift fender and fork brace he's running? I'm running the same tires and the original cb360t fender doesn't fit over them. It looks like he uses an original fenders inner brace, but my fenders inner brace doesn't fit over the tire. So I'm confused.

He says he uses a standard fork brace. But what does he mean by standard? Am I able to buy it online?

looks to me almost like a BCS Enterprises aluminum fork brace. same one i have for my cb360 - I have a larger front tire too, and it's got plenty of room - i'll get photos if you like

Back
Top Bottom