Yam RD Fork Part Search

2_DONE_THE_TON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
So it finally happened.....i lost a part while i'm rebuilding my Yamaha RD built 1979.

Its the part number 28 on the diagram,the fork 'holder' which clamps the axle to the fork....

Does any of you guys have this part maybe in europe?
Its discontinued in europe....

Its a 35 MM fork

Help appreciated.

zepaga3y.jpg

I'm finding some on ebay, check this one. I'm assuming you have an RD400 daytona. CONFIRM THEY ARE CORRECT!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-80-YAMAHA-RT-DT-MX-SC-TT-XT-YZ-TZ-RD-HOLDER-AXLE-NOS-OEM-291-23167-61-/181187010138?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2f965e5a&vxp=mtr

My yamaha dealer told me that my model,its a RD 250 1A2 this part cuz it has the 35mm fork.

Its so complicated with these european rd models....

Can someone tell me if the american models have 35mm forks too?

All US air cooled 250-350 RD's have 34mm fork tubes. That would be 1973, '74' and '75 models, RD250-RD350, RD250A-RD350A, and RD250B-RD350B models respectively. Does not mean the caps won't fit though. Not the sort of part that would get thrown out. Probably misplaced it back when you took the front wheel off the first time, and it is still around. I can never find anything until I go buy another one, no matter how long I search. Always find it a week after I get another. Same thing with throwing things away. Save it for ten years, decide you will never use it and toss it. One week later. . . .

Ryan Stecken said:
My yamaha dealer told me that my model,its a RD 250 1A2 this part cuz it has the 35mm fork.

Its so complicated with these european rd models....

Can someone tell me if the american models have 35mm forks too?
35mm doesnt matter they likely did not change that part i have a few laying around off the dt 34 forks
measure yours , post up the specs
stud c to c
axl diameter at clamp
width of clamping area

1A2 is the 250 version of the 1A1 RD400C and that end cap will probably fit. I'm pretty sure that the axle end did not change size for years, but yours may the one that's odd sized. At the price, I'd brag it and see if it fits.

Thank you guys your very helpful!!

Just found out that my part number is 291-23167-61,found two offers on ebay,so i hope if i number the part with the right number everything will be fine....crossing fingers...:)

Back
Top Bottom