Need a front brake MC w/ remote reservoir - FOUND!!!!

ridesolo

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I'm looking for a front brake master cylinder, brake light switch, and remote reservoir. Serviceable condition but if it needs a rebuild and paint that would be ok. I can replace an ugly lever and/or a tired reservoir, too.

I've got CB350 bitz n pieces; complete transmission gear set, kick starter internals, decent seat, oil slinger, generator coil, etc (just ask).

Also have some CL360 parts: oil pump, oil sump, CL seat, shocks, etc (again, just ask)

Also have a slightly worn but works perfectly and can be made pretty front MC from a '02 Kawi EX500 Ninja that I won't be using.

Also have a fiberglass racing style bum-stop seat base that's for a larger bike like a CB550/750, etc.

I will happily provide pix and a better description, just ask!

Re: Need a front brake MC w/ remote reservoir

RS,

are you looking for a complete remote assembly ?

For years I used the remote system from the BMW Airhead range. The complete unit is very compact - fits under tank / whatever and operates via a cable from the handlebars. Has self contained reservoir.

I probably have 2 or 3 still in my stash !! I'll try to sort some pix out.

Found these pix. Unit is very small about 6" [l] x 4" [w] x 4" [h]

Operates twin discs on BMW R100 among others.

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 221
  • mc3.jpg
    mc3.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 220
  • mc5.jpg
    mc5.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 219
  • mc2.jpg
    mc2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 215

beachcomber said:
RS,

are you looking for a complete remote assembly ?

For years I used the remote system from the BMW Airhead range. The complete unit is very compact - fits under tank / whatever and operates via a cable from the handlebars. Has self contained reservoir.

I probably have 2 or 3 still in my stash !! I'll try to sort some pix out.

Howdy, TJ. I've got a small 1/4 fairing on the little Honda I'm working on and the Kawi EX500 Ninja front master is right in the side opening. It ends up making the fairing to sit a bit higher than it should. To my eye it looks like the thing is trying to imitate a Harley bagger w/ it's fairing sitting up too high. A MC w/ a remotely mounted reservoir like the one pictured below would allow me to lower the thing around three inches which doesn't sound like much but would probably make all the difference in making it look more sleek.

1232-070919200733.jpeg

beachcomber said:
Found these pix. Unit is very small about 6" [l] x 4" [w] x 4" [h]

Operates twin discs on BMW R100 among others.

That's an interesting looking unit. Unfortunately I'm sure I wouldn't have room for it As I get the little beast assembled I'm finding less and less extra space for things. I even had to slightly relocate the coils so they'd fit under the tank. Too bad, since I've got Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha parts on the thing it would be fun to add something from a BMW to the list.

sorry to hijack but beachcomber i've sent you a PM about the mc

Solo, I think I have the aftermarket unit I used on the CB750 when it still had the single disc.
If you're interested, I'll look this evening when I get home.

Found this in the old pic stash from when I bought them...
photo_zps74a07123.jpg

Redbird said:
Solo, I think I have the aftermarket unit I used on the CB750 when it still had the single disc.
If you're interested, I'll look this evening when I get home.

Yes, sir, I'd be interested. Thanx!

Ok, I have both perches/levers but no reservoir. I forgot I had to take it for the one that was missing from the GSXR perches/levers that replaced them.
They’re not doing anything but collecting dust over here, so they’re all yours if you want them. Just cover the shipping. Or, if you’re still on the gulf coast, and can wait until the weekend of the 21st, I’ll run them over to ya ;)

Attachments

• 3A235196-72E2-40CD-B789-E886B6586C4F.jpeg
    3A235196-72E2-40CD-B789-E886B6586C4F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 219
  • F0DA6E97-2353-491B-9EE6-AB439394D396.jpeg
    F0DA6E97-2353-491B-9EE6-AB439394D396.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 213
  • 6341F3E1-6A02-4C36-AB41-5FB653F91C67.jpeg
    6341F3E1-6A02-4C36-AB41-5FB653F91C67.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 229
Back
Top Bottom