Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!

danejurrous said:
Usual Kiley fashion, kicking ass and killer ideas. I'm in on this.

Haha, thanks man, having fun with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was directed here by a particular Google search. Obviously I was mislead. But I'll watch anyhow.

DohcBikes said:
thats where my money rides

call me when you get past the unicorn stage

Ha! Now I'll do it just to prove a point.

So the DR650 stator swap wasn't QUITE as easy as I thought. Finally got my flywheel puller in today to swap the old flywheel out to the new one.

c1a0b3f8601d66ac790eeda3a14cba3d.jpg

Old magneto flywheel:

cd20d460a409132475a386cdef271c87.jpg

New 12v stator DR650 flywheel:

a0af5dd5ccd14915797d45ee25aa9cc1.jpg

Pulled:

041f456ae68c399812ee7f3a7a6fb477.jpg

Turns out everything is the same minus the back of the flywheels. The new one is deeper with a flush back where the old one has a stepped flange on the back. Turns out that stepped flange allows the flywheel to clear the timing chain tensioner on the bottom. Damn. See the step?

e6d04a5c6c3a17f71e9e08ba46270aa8.jpg

The problem is that the flush back of the new flywheel interferes with the tensioner so my solution was to kill two birds with one stone. Since the heavy new flywheel is over 1/2" thick steel on the back plate it allowed me to machine off a section and make it stepped like the old flywheel gaining me clearance and also lightening the flywheel to boot. Win win:

572ee1b5c5800a0a49c2635cd2870874.jpg

So now one side of my motor looks a heck of a lot like a DR650!

fac68fb1f97ccba204544b56fed25342.jpg

Onward we go!

Yep, that works just fine ;D. Also every time I get the update emails I read the title as project beer pressure.

Maritime said:
Yep, that works just fine ;D. Also every time I get the update emails I read the title as project beer pressure.

Does that make it a nitro beer?

canyoncarver said:
Don't underestimate the Kanticoy.

Unless taxes are involved...then underestimate me. I suck at them. That's why I married an accountant.

DohcBikes said:
hmm. I wonder if you're the only person on this site that draws motivation from doubt. :)

Difference is I know you're fucking with me buddy

Changes the dynamic, right?

cyclefreak said:
Leave it to Kiley to make a fella think "Damn, I should have kept that bike and done this shit to it"! :)

Don't think you won't be one of the first to ride it brother!

Back
Top Bottom