1971 cl125s project

jonaren

Hey guys, I'm new. Hope this is in the right spot. :eek:

First project: just picked this up the other day.
I'm excited to start this project with a really clean bike!

Ordered a cone filter, battery eliminator (Bat pac - any thoughts on that?) as well as some lower profile handlebars.
I'll be doing the seat myself and post pics along the way.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    654.5 KB · Views: 278
Here are some more pics. Just cleaning up the turn signals, putting the condenser ("bat pac") in, pulling all the garbage off.
Just view them here instead of uploading them all... https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A5G6XBub40p6v

A not on the bat pac: not enough power to run a headlight, taillight and turn signals on the cl125, it will put power from headlight and alternate with the turn signal... bummer. I don't mind not running turn signals though. I'll take those off sometime this week.

Making a seat out of an old, ill-fitting leather jacket, I've seen some on this forum that kill it!

Still looking for a solution for my hoop; it's 1" pipe, 6" center-to-center, most being sold are at least 7"...

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    930.9 KB · Views: 295
Nice bike! Nothing beats the paint scheme on those CL gas tanks. I think it's probably my favorite factory paintjob.
Good luck with the project. Keep us posted on how that bat-pac works out. I'd eliminate my battery if I could but I like having a headlight.

Back
Top Bottom