Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

that looks awesome ;) that is a killer brace you should be selling them
just be sure on final mounting that wioth the forks correctly aligned on secured axle ,so that the fit at the bolt-ons are perfect or shimmed to be so
if the bolts need to be wrenched in to seat a leg then washer or space it so it don't tweak the alignment

Nice work man. I just might have to start dabbling in fab like that.... Thanks for the inspiration.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xb33bsa said:
that looks awesome ;) that is a killer brace you should be selling them
just be sure on final mounting that wioth the forks correctly aligned on secured axle ,so that the fit at the bolt-ons are perfect or shimmed to be so
if the bolts need to be wrenched in to seat a leg then washer or space it so it don't tweak the alignment

Thanks. I don't think if I can find the time to produce these for sale, but if there is some demand...

That's a really good point about the spacers. Everything was bent, fitted and tack welded in place with the front wheel/axle bolted in so fit up is spot on. Hopefully everything stays that way

BFT Boyle said:
Nice work man. I just might have to start dabbling in fab like that.... Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks man. Go for it.

I think welding and fabrication is always fun.

Metal shaping is very challenging and frustrating in the beginning, but once it starts to click it's immensely rewarding. You can spend a lifetime honing your skills.

Practice, practice, practice.

ncologerojr said:
I roughed in one more slightly longer fender to try and mount below my bracket. I think this one might be just right.

Very nice guard and mounts, exactly the style I'm going for, except I'll need to have a button hear allen bolt coming from underneath with a domehead nut as clearance may be an issue. Have to make them as nothing exists that will do afaik? I'll be taking the ally guard a little bit longer on the rear end to offer more engine/me protection though - Summers in the UK are wet wet wet!!

ncologerojr said:
Thanks man. Go for it.

I think welding and fabrication is always fun.

Metal shaping is very challenging and frustrating in the beginning, but once it starts to click it's immensely rewarding. You can spend a lifetime honing your skills.

Practice, practice, practice.

I'll definitely have to give it a shot. What gauge is the sheet metal you are working with? ~14g ?

NoRiders said:
Very nice guard and mounts, exactly the style I'm going for, except I'll need to have a button hear allen bolt coming from underneath with a domehead nut as clearance may be an issue. Have to make them as nothing exists that will do afaik? I'll be taking the ally guard a little bit longer on the rear end to offer more engine/me protection though - Summers in the UK are wet wet wet!!

Thank you. I'll have to use some specialty hardware as well.

Cb350 Tracker / Scrambler - The UpstateScrambler

BFT Boyle said:
I'll definitely have to give it a shot. What gauge is the sheet metal you are working with? ~14g ?

18ga CR steel or .080/.090" aluminum is plenty for most applications. As you learn more about shaping techniques you'll learn how to select the proper materials depending on the process you'll be using to achieve the shape.

Everything on my build is shaped with a mallet, stump, sandbag, hammer & dollies and an english wheel. A cheap hf shrinker can also help save some time.

Look thru the old Metalmeet.com forums or the allmetalshaping.com forums to get started. Lots of good info there.

ncologerojr said:
18ga CR steel or .080/.090" aluminum is plenty for most applications. As you learn more about shaping techniques you'll learn how to select the proper materials depending on the process you'll be using to achieve the shape.

Everything on my build is shaped with a mallet, stump, sandbag, hammer & dollies and an english wheel. A cheap hf shrinker can also help save some time.

Look thru the old Metalmeet.com forums or the allmetalshaping.com forums to get started. Lots of good info there.
Many thanks for the information! I'm going to try and fab a seat together for this little CB125 I'm working on. I don't have much for sending equipment other than an old wire feed w/o gas. Maybe I can rivet the thing together and go for a steam punk look....

Keep up the good work!

I decided to make a new mounting bracket for the new fender. The first bracket just didn't match the contour of the new fender.

I decided to use thicker bar stock this time. I am also debating on whether or not to add the center bar like I did on the original or if I should just use the fender as part of the stressed unit.

Finished up the front fender & mount. The fender isn't sitting perfect right now because it's missing the rubber washers that will go between the mount and fender.

I also made up some simple stainless headlight mounts.

Stainless exhaust is up next.

Really liking both headlight and guard brackets.....I'll be using the same guard mount but will use tube if I can find some the correct size as it might be easier to bend into shape but still be strong enough.

ncologerojr said:
Finished up the front fender & mount. The fender isn't sitting perfect right now because it's missing the rubber washers that will go between the mount and fender.

I also made up some simple stainless headlight mounts.

Stainless exhaust is up next.

Please make me some of these headlight mounts.

Thoroughly enjoying following your build, thats some stellar fabrication.
Any thoughts/plans for the finished colour scheme, would almost be a shame to hide all that metalwork?

Back
Top Bottom