Lessons to be learned...

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
One: Never wave at the camera.
Two: Target fixation is bad.

http://xtremesportsphotography.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK01AY080000&po=0&pc=28

Use the "next" button and take a look at all the pics.

Damn... That's a rough lesson. Hope the rider (I'm guessing that wasn't you) made it out alive. Corvette was just wrong place, wrong time. As I recall that's a particularly bad corner to go over the edge on though....

Waving at the camera isn't as bad as looking at the photographer and not at the road. And I agree, that was textbook target fixation. Had he held the line he was on he most likely would've cleared the 'vette.

On the bright side... he got some really good hang time :D

Round pic 14 you can see the front of the vetts droping from braking. Think your right if he would of stayed think he would of made it . Not a 3/4 flat spin :(

Ouch! Rule #1 on the dragon is never cross the center line. Rule #2 is NEVER CROSS THE FUCKING CENTER LINE!

Rule #3, you are going to go where you are looking. Notice how he is staring at the corvette the whole time. One of the first things they taught at the motorcycle training course I took.

Sorry guys, the photographer is fault here for causing the accident, this was setup to cause and capture it. Come on, a corner with a blind spot around the corner, perfect location to distract someone, if it was a close road I wouldn't say anything, too bad there is evil people in this world. I would of beat the pulp of the photographer for every frame he took, maybe the website should call this photo "photographer causes accident". Hopefully they catch him in his bluff and goes to jail.

The photographers are a fixture on "The Dragon". Everyone knows they're there. The rider should have known better. It's 100% rider error.

Cafe_to_go said:
Sorry guys, the photographer is fault here for causing the accident, this was setup to cause and capture it. Come on, a corner with a blind spot around the corner, perfect location to distract someone, if it was a close road I wouldn't say anything, too bad there is evil people in this world. I would of beat the pulp of the photographer for every frame he took, maybe the website should call this photo "photographer causes accident". Hopefully they catch him in his bluff and goes to jail.

There is no way the photographer is at fault! The rider banked into the corner, saw the Vette, fixated on it and crashed. You say the corner is blind. Even if the rider wasn't "distracted" by the photographer, the corner is still blind. He didnt see the vette til the very last second. Rider error is the cause of this one.

Cafe_to_go said:

this post seems absolutely ridiculous. just saying.

Cafe_to_go said:

There's quite a few photographers at Deal's Gap, and they photograph EVERY weekend it's nice out during the spring, summer and fall. The amount of traffic up there is incredible sometimes. I have never seen anyone crash due to the photographer. This rider made a mistake. He fixated on the photographer (what if it he was watching a bear (common around there)? Should the bear "not have been there"?). The "It's not my fault" mentality is scary. When you're riding, YOU are responsible for controlling your bike. Not the guy standing on teh corner, not the corvette driver. I'm sure that guy was a reasonably capable rider, but HE made a mistake fixating on the camera first, and then the Corvette. Why don't you blame the Corvette driver for being in the road? I mean if he wasn't there no crash would have happened either. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think we've all been missing the point here.

The rider must have had a pathological hatred of Corvettes or red sportscars in general. Instead of continuing his turn he picked the bike up and aimed straight at the car - it's hard to tell, but I couldn't see that he braked at all either.

Crazy

Back
Top Bottom