Racer-X (Peugeot Mash-up) Single Speed Bicycle

Dale

Coast to Coast
Ive been putting this together over the last three weeks or so.

I had new bearings fitted to the Benottos original Campagnolos, and I cleaned them up. Put on a set of slicks I had lying around.
I also had a set of handlebars and brakes that were in the Benotto parts box.

So I went around trying to find an old steel frame to put something together. They're getting scarce, and the good ones are expensive. But I managed to find this old mountain bike(?) frame in a shop near me that was good size wise. It had Peugeot Pathfinder Pro decals on it - googled it but couldn't find anything.

Bought new was was the crank, BB, pedals, chain tensioner, saddle and seat post.

Additional second hand stuff was the road bike fork, and a stem.

THE BUILD:

Had to cut off the tires. They were many years old and hard as rock.

tyres_zps203ae8e2.jpg

Cleaned up the wheels.

wheel_01_zps84e6b83e.jpg

wheel_03_zps638041a3.jpg

wheel_02_zps3dbdcde4.jpg

The frame.

frame_01_zpsa5c85560.jpg

oldfork_zpse1421e14.jpg

Started stripping off the paint, and cut and ground off all the brackets and tabs I didnt need.

frame_03_zps87d6795b.jpg

frame_02_zpsd0843e75.jpg

All the paint removed. (The old fashioned way)

frame_04_zps45ba2f42.jpg

Primer.

frame_05_zpsc623afff.jpg

Paint.

Metallic Silver Metal paint.
Clearcoat.
Then did a light scotch brite rub over the clearcoat to give it a brushed aluminum finish.

Assembly starts.

Assembly_01_zpsc2f0ac6b.jpg

Raided my sticker collection.

stickers_zps5dc1b249.jpg

That Desmo Owners Club One was calling out to me... I would Trade you a piece of my Art for some...If you go to Lounging at the Club there is a Member Art section my thread is in there with lots of pictures of things I have Made

Dude, they're yours. You can have both the patch and the decal. If you look closely you can see both. They really aren't that rare I don't think, you get these when you join the Desmo Owners Club in Europe and other related regions. Certainly not worth one of your awesome license plate creations IMO! :) If you want to give me a small one as a gesture of generosity that would be great - (I think theyre amazing). But really its not a fair trade, and it would rather be one person doing something cool for another. PM me and Ill send them to you. :)

I can only Track it to New York....But It's On It's Way!!! Special Edition Ducati 999/ Ducati 926 (which i googled and it's a real bike, a Bored 916)
Mini Bird House

I couldn't Justify sending over a Normal One

Enjoy

Attachments

• Duc house.jpg
    Duc house.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 326
  • Duc house1.jpg
    Duc house1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 325
That's awesome! Thanks man. Ive found a DOC pin which Ill send you as well... Cool. Ill get onto it today!

Back
Top Bottom