Impossible bolt - Black M10 1.25 10mm..

Ribo

Twist the "go-go" side and hold on!
I've been on this quest so long that i finally realised my google-fu is too week...

Please can anyone help me locate this very specific metric bolt size M10, 1.25 pitch, 10mm length. ( I can do 15mm or 20mm if I must but the other numbers are fixed).

oh and it needs to be black - other than that idk if it's hex, philips, allen-key, or friggin square head..

I just need one of these but I'd happily buy 20 as they appear to be as rare as unicorn poop..

at less than 20mm in length? send me a link dude if you can cos I ain't seeing them..

no 20mm long, no bigee,cut it off, whats it fer so short?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=m10+1.25+10mm&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=m10+1.25+10mm+bolt&_sacat=0

Yeah I could do that if I had too... I just figured they have to make them but seems not...

It's to hold the bracket to my new MC res into the "mirror" hole on the back side of the lever-perch.

xb33bsa said:
no 20mm long, no bigee,cut it off,,,

Cut a longer one and be done with it. Sounds like you've done a lot of fackin around trying to locate one. 10 mins at the most and could have been done with the whole business.

Well like I said I've already found it but yeah I did a lot of frakin about cos I wanted to get it done right.

There's really 2 reasons I didn't want to cut one:

1) I have terrible OCD and it would bug the shit out of me that it wasn't done as well as it could be.
2) When you do this it's possible to create a sharp bite on the bolt pitch-edge that can eat into the hole thread and chew it up. As the MC was special order from Japan and took me forever to source I'd rather not fuck it up with a stupid bolt.

Anywho - I'm off to fastenal on Monday - job done.

2) Thread a nut on the bolt before you cut it off, cut it, chamfer the end, then thread the nut off. There should be no burrs or sharp edges to harm anything. ;)

That's a very common bolt. Fastenal, or Fastener Engineering can get you that bolt. Cutting the bolt, you need to champer at a 60 degree angle. Black Oxide if you must, it's easy.

If you read the thread you can see that I found it man.. thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom