Ballistic BMS Charger

Grazz256

Been Around the Block
Hi Folks,

Just a quick heads up for those running ballistic batteries and want a good balancing charger, I just picked up a ballistic bms battery charger thinking that it would be the best option for my ballistic battery.

To start, I have no issue with the charger, it seems to work wonderfully and supports basically any battery that you could want. So far I've used it to charge a lead acid battery (gel type) and now my ballistic battery. Any tinkerer will love this charger, you can pretty much set it to charge however you want.

On the bad side, as soon as I took the charger out of the box I could see it was a re-branded charger (you can see the painted on label through the ballistic label), this doesn't bug me and is pretty much expected. As a good internet goer I googled the label and found this...
iMAX B6AC
Which appears to be the exact same charger, no programming adjustments or anything (the charger even says imax6 when you turn it on). The only thing that is missing is the 5 pin connector, but that isn't too specialized anyway.

As a bonus the imax6 manual (found here) is way more complete then the ballistic bms manual.

Cheers

Another thing to note is that if you are considering buying the iMax B6, make sure you get the authentic charger. There are about a million knock-offs that do not charge as well. Additionally, there are many, many chargers on the market that will charge a Ballistic battery. Most of which are products of the RC car market. The charger that Ballistic sells is literally a $25 dollar charger with a sticker on it, so don't get fooled.

Grazz256 said:
Hi Folks,

Just a quick heads up for those running ballistic batteries and want a good balancing charger, I just picked up a ballistic bms battery charger thinking that it would be the best option for my ballistic battery.
To start, I have no issue with the charger, it seems to work wonderfully and supports basically any battery that you could want. So far I've used it to charge a lead acid battery (gel type) and now my ballistic battery. Any tinkerer will love this charger, you can pretty much set it to charge however you want.
On the bad side, as soon as I took the charger out of the box I could see it was a re-branded charger (you can see the painted on label through the ballistic label), this doesn't bug me and is pretty much expected. As a good internet goer, I googled the label and found this...
Which appears to be the exact same charger, no programming adjustments or anything (the charger even says imax6 when you turn it on). The only thing that is missing is the 5 pin connector, but that isn't too specialized anyway. http://www.powerjackmotion.com/

Thanks for a great info.

Back
Top Bottom