Luggage for the Ace.

The Mariner

Adelaide, Australia
Hi Guys,

The Ace is a lightweight bike & not meant to have luggage, but there are times when a little storage would be handy. I'm not a fan of back packs when riding, so after reading Sneikz excellent how-to about adding some storage I decided to look at other options, and I came up with a small saddlebag.

Believe it or not, it's a saddlebag to use on your pet dog !

It just so happens to also be the right size to hang over the Ace's tank, or fit on the Ace's seat. If you hang it on your tank it comes with straps that can be arranged to clip it down but if you seat-mount it you'll need to add some aluminium frame to hold it clear of the rear shocks.

There are also some steel rings you might want to remove to avoid scratches on your paintwork.

Luggage would always look a little out of place on the Ace but the light brown colour kinda makes it look a bit 'vintage', it's easily removable when you don't need it & it has a carry handle if you need to take it with you after your bike is parked.

Attachments

• saddlebag.jpg
    saddlebag.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 864
  • saddlebag_1.jpg
    saddlebag_1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 357
  • saddlebag_2.jpg
    saddlebag_2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 371
  • saddlebag_3.jpg
    saddlebag_3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 349
Gidday Phil,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. People are always surprised when I tell them that my panniers are $5 toiletry bags.

What a great find your bags are.

Would the saddlebags work being passed under the seat over the rails? While a more permanent fixture they may look a bit neater like a standard fixture.

My panniers are used every day. They hold my riding glasses, hat and a folding zip up shopping bag.

Yet another example of the Skyteam Ace owners mindset of "What can I modify / hack for the bike?"

Here's the direct link to the pannier build guide that Phil spoke of (its contained in my mod booklet referenced in the sig below):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4qht3FwsV_JbmRqMS1UYVVVdG8

Attachments

• 20170520_154411.jpg
    20170520_154411.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 345
Awesome @The Mariner, I bought them. I have been looking at bike bags etc. for a simple storage solution on my Ace, but they were always too big. This seems perfect ;)

Found a canvas and leather bag , has two attachment straps on the back top and one middle of back .

Attachments

• 20170913_125137.jpg
    20170913_125137.jpg
    957.8 KB · Views: 326
Back
Top Bottom