The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy said:
That would be fun!

First 'Ace' that I've seen with red fork lowers, just like the Dream.

Crazy

There is another shot with a massive banked turn in the background. Awesome.

I think this video is by the same chap, on the same course. http://youtu.be/vAaBHJvauOA

Does look like fun.

joeylimzy said:
Anyone having problem with oil leaking from the screw hole? Oil keeps coming out from the hole.
Yep! Mine leaks fairly badly. Did you replace the gasket? Did it fix the problem?

Nice Sunday morning to head out on the Ace. It was the first time I have used the Ace on 100- 110 kph freeway for a about 80 km.

Cruising along at 95- 100 kph with more to go. But it seems to run out fuel once you creep over 100 kph towards 110 kph.

I am running a 150 kit with a +1 on the front sprocket. De cat stock exhaust. Chinese Mikuni Vm22, Needle on middle clip. 100 main jet. Stock air cleaner.

I guess my options are to try a 105 main jet ? Other than that. The Ace runs really well.

Just Dan said:
I guess my options are to try a 105 main jet ? Other than that. The Ace runs really well.

when i got mine from the shop that used to sell them here in melbourne, the guy said to me, to leave the stock carby on and leave the stock pilot jet in , but change the main to a 105.
he said that is what the bucket racer guys were doing.

also does anyone know which jet on ooracing will fit the stock carby ?

Dan
Similar set up to what I have too. Still have a little problem at back down ( crackles a bit on deceleration ) and full throttle at wide open throttle it dies a bit. Again crackles . Chinese vm 26. Might go back to stock carb yet. Have gone up on vm26 one pilot jet and one on main. Needle on middle setting

edited...quoted incorrect carb...now correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orrible-64 said:
. Have gone up on vm22 one pilot jet and one on main. Needle on middle setting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey orrible-64
Running chinese vm22 also, standard jetting with needle 2nd richest setting.
I ve just got the 150 big bore and valve kit,
Planning the job 4 the weekend!
So I was thinking of re jetting the same as your set up!
Where did you get your jets and what size r they?
Do genuine mikuni jets fit?
cheers ACEitup

They are mickuni I jets. Took them to bike shop and matched them to parts catalogue. Will find more data for you tomorrow. 150 kit is a good mod. Got the jets from show and go motorcycles in Adelaide. Any good bike workshop should stock them. Bought two sizes up from standard to try on main and pilot. Still fiddling to get it right. I am close

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vm26 jets(edited)
apu7uteb.jpg

Main jet
Length. 9 mm
( threaded section) 5 mm
(Top ). 4 mm

Diameter (head). 8 mm

(Across thread) 5 mm
Sizes I have
Orig. 100
In bike. (Aprox) 102.5