Scard Shiftless...

bode61

Not what you thought when you read the subject line.

I am a disabled rider who wears braces on my legs and my lower left arm and hand is partially paralyzed. BUT I still ride! Just picked up a 1978 CB400A Hondamatic and am making her the "slowest" but most fun cafe racer. I got the engine running and have cleaned up a lot of rust. I have shaved the seat down and am waiting for it to come back from the upolstery shop. I have put on a set of clubman bars, removed the luggage rack, grab rail, rear pegs and turn signals. She is that 70's Honda Orange and will stay that color for a few months. My goal for now is to get her running and ride her until middle winter when I will do more cosmetic work to her. I have to say that I was always a big fan of Carpy's work and ordered my bars from him. His customer service is first class. (Carpy, if you are reading this...thanks for the poster). As soon as I can I will get before and current pics up but just wanted to share my excitement. I am in upstate SC so if anyone sees this little CB cruising around feel free in pulling up for a race. You will win but I will have more fun.
Oh, as you can probably guess, my cafe racer is named "scared shiftless" hehehe.

love the name for the scoot! i should show this to my dad, hes a diabled vet. he refuses to ride anything thats not a trike.

Here she is the day I picked her up. The picture makes it look much better than it is. There is a lot of surface rust on her, the seat has several rips, etc. Will post pics of part two next week.

IMG00026-20090726-1332.jpg

bode61 said:
Not what you thought when you read the subject line.

I am a disabled rider who wears braces on my legs and my lower left arm and hand is partially paralyzed. BUT I still ride! Just picked up a 1978 CB400A Hondamatic and am making her the "slowest" but most fun cafe racer. I got the engine running and have cleaned up a lot of rust. I have shaved the seat down and am waiting for it to come back from the upolstery shop. I have put on a set of clubman bars, removed the luggage rack, grab rail, rear pegs and turn signals. She is that 70's Honda Orange and will stay that color for a few months. My goal for now is to get her running and ride her until middle winter when I will do more cosmetic work to her. I have to say that I was always a big fan of Carpy's work and ordered my bars from him. His customer service is first class. (Carpy, if you are reading this...thanks for the poster). As soon as I can I will get before and current pics up but just wanted to share my excitement. I am in upstate SC so if anyone sees this little CB cruising around feel free in pulling up for a race. You will win but I will have more fun.
Oh, as you can probably guess, my cafe racer is named "scared shiftless" hehehe.

Thumbs up to you ! good luck with the bike . A friend who rides with us lost his left leg on his bike a few years ago now rides with a push button shift on the bars, and keeps up very well .

Can't wait to see it done! I picked up the exact bike a while ago and it's on the waiting list to get wrenched. Thinking about bobbing it though.

Back
Top Bottom