heard from Canuck Plumber, and got my stacks from him today too

autoguy

Been Around the Block
had not seen Canuck Plumber on here for a while so i dispatched him an e mail to make sure things where alright, heard back from him today

he says that things are good and he has been renovating his house getting ready for his new son and that he has been working a lot so he has not had time to get on the forum and he says to tell everyone here hello :)

and i got my stacks from him today, they are a thing of beauty, my pictures dont do them justice, i am very happy with them ;D

picts

next to my hk p2000sk
stacksandhk1.jpg

pict of the flare
stacksflareside.jpg

top pict of flare, yes they are that polished, i did not use a flash just my kitchen light
stacksflare.jpg

and stacks on bike close up
stacksonbikeclose.jpg

and stacks at a distance
stacksonbike.jpg

brewtown16 said:
Great odens raven!

aye them stacks are dead sexy arent they ;D

i even did my happy dance when the stacks got here, the dog looked at me strange whilst i was doing said happy dance though ;D

just make sure you get some plugs for when she sits, or some screens would be perfect. your happy dance will turn into the "carb problems and i hate my life dance."
how much did they run you?

brewtown16 said:
just make sure you get some plugs for when she sits, or some screens would be perfect. your happy dance will turn into the "carb problems and i hate my life dance."
how much did they run you?

figured i would get a couple of racket balls to shove in the stacks when it is sitting and keep the choke closed, i am going to run screen in them too :)

$10 for shipping

hell ya man! i am rocking them as well! cut some screens to fit inside them so that they will catch any crap before going into the carb and cut them down... then polished them! look awesome! he does some cool work!
sdfo75.jpg

i made screens, 2 per carb, from there after i shortend down the stack i cut 4 small cuts at the base. i had prevously powder coated 2 pipe clamps black... the screens make up the the slight difference in size with the carbs and the stacks, then when you tighen the clamps it all gets super tight... worked great!

why would they? i have 2 ultra fine screens on each carb. the battery will protect them from stuff coming off the tire... the side covers will guard from stuff on the sides? i have rocked V stacks on choppers and harleys i have built in the past as well as on my old triumph... never had an issue (tuning was a paint at times) but never getting stuff in them. hell i have even cut protions of an air filter and fitted those inside the v stacks on a CB750 for a freind to help making tuning easier and that seemed to have less protection than the screens... what is going to get in there that is so small?

Hmm...I'm not sure. I just assumed. Are there significant performance gains to be had? They sure do look great.

on big V twins... HELL YA! but i can ajust the fuel tables on those with a computer or if carborated like the V stack we put on my brothers chopper... his jets are huge so we just were able to play with those till it was not lean. really on the metrics and the little motors like we have it jsut looks cool, if anything it makes tuning harder!

JRK5892 said:
hell ya man! i am rocking them as well! cut some screens to fit inside them so that they will catch any crap before going into the carb and cut them down... then polished them! look awesome! he does some cool work!
sdfo75.jpg

i agree tis some damn fine work by canuck plumber, these stacks are a hell of a lot better than any i have seen on ebay or anywhere else ,major props to him

what screen did you use ? i looked for screen at lowes tonight and had, not much luck unless i wanted to spend $5 or more for a roll of fiberglass screen for screen doors

your stacks look damn good too :) i am going to leave my stacks the original length

i will be mounting my stacks like you did yours, if opie (me when i do something stupid) had not broke the clamp tightening it too tight i would have had both mounted, i got 2 new stainless clamps and will put them on tonight :D

i used screen door screen, made sure i got ALL Metal ones,then traced a circle around the stack cut the screem a bit outside the circle did 2 for each carb, then i held them over the carb intakes. pushed the v stackes on, then used fine wire cutters and trimmed the excess off clamped them down... i would have left them longer too (looks awesome) but wiht the frame rails it would not fit. let me know if you need any pics

Those things are the tits! I gotta have me a set. I still have to re-jet the carbs anyway so I might as well have a pair of these perfect titties hanging off the back of my carbs! How do you get in touch with him?

JRK5892 said:
i used screen door screen, made sure i got ALL Metal ones,then traced a circle around the stack cut the screem a bit outside the circle did 2 for each carb, then i held them over the carb intakes. pushed the v stackes on, then used fine wire cutters and trimmed the excess off clamped them down... i would have left them longer too (looks awesome) but wiht the frame rails it would not fit. let me know if you need any pics

thanks for the how to :) rekon that will be my next project on the agenda :)

troybilt, pm him or e mail him

Back
Top Bottom