www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project  (Read 79157 times)

Offline rextec

1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project
« on: Oct 01, 2009, 02:56:29 »
Heres a few pics of my "new" project, lol. its pretty rough but just the thing i was looking for, im going to chop most of it up anyway. not sure if it runs but from what i have checked it should. in these pics i just went through and removed all the emissions and airbox junk as well as the rear fender and chrome side rails. This thing need HELP!!! enjoy.

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010, 15:19:45 by rextec »
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline rextec

Re: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2009, 02:57:25 »
heres some updates on my project. today i pulled all the electrical as well as the motor and cleaned up the oily frame a bit. not too bad for a couple of hours of work. :)

« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2010, 15:20:42 by rextec »
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2009, 03:59:44 »
I love the geometry of the rebel frame. The single tube back bone is just bonus too. Should be a lot of fun! Keep us up to date on progress if you would. So what are the plans and do they include any frame mods??
Troy
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline rextec

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:20:56 »
im not to sure of the direction im going to go in. i like the low slung look almost like a hybrid of a cafe/bobber. maybe some clip on bars, non sprung solo seat, keep the rear suspension, bob the fenders, pod filter, narrower rear tire (maybe a 120) and custom exhaust. im still tossing around ideas...... The tank is BEAT!!! i dont know if i should replace it with another rebel tank or a different tank. anyone have any good ideas or leads on tanks?? i also ripped out the air box and emissions junk to clean it up. i also need to relocate the battery.
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline Kev Nemo

• Honda Hacker
    • Fallingapartart Streetwear: Destroyed By Design since 2009
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2009, 10:59:03 »
The Heiwa Rebel gets posted some much, but it's so dead-on:
http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2008/11/heiwa-builds-a-honda-250-rebel.html
Fallingapartart Streetwear: Destroyed By Design since 2009 http://www.fallingapartart.com

Offline rextec

« Reply #5 on: Oct 01, 2009, 18:00:48 »

yeah that is one of my inspirations, but on a much smaller budget. lol
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline goodfornothing

• Spicey!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2009, 20:12:33 »
I like the stance on Rebels. I might consider one for my next project. I just dot understand how people are asking 2000 for them. That's how much a decent shadow should cost.
TABASCO! *Sold*
1974 Honda cb450: Clicky

Fighter Project *Sold*
1989 cbr600 Hurricane:
Clicky

Offline SkiMan

« Reply #7 on: Oct 02, 2009, 20:17:50 »

Boy..... I never thought I would be interested in a bobber but........
The Heiwa rebel sure would be fun to ride!

Offline rextec

« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2009, 02:36:37 »
I like the stance on Rebels. I might consider one for my next project. I just dot understand how people are asking 2000 for them. That's how much a decent shadow should cost.

I got this beast for $250 LOL!
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline rextec

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2009, 00:01:32 »
Well i put in some work over the weekend, nothing too exciting. Rebuilt all the electrical switches which were so gunked up with old grease and dust that they wouldnt work, now they feel like new. Little things here and there until i have a bit more time to tackle the bigger projects.
- St. Francis of Assisi