1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project

flipped the bars and threw on the rear wheel and headlight....... im liking this look right here, nice and low like i wanted :)

DSC02791.jpg

DSC02784.jpg

Sweet I'm stealing that idea for my bobber. I have a set of mx bars laying around too. i was thinking clip ons or clubmans but upside down mx bars would work too. keep it up.

i like the flipped bars, kind of reminds me of the old board trackers... i was also thinking of doing clipons but i think this might be a little more comfortable and its free!

Loving it so far. I really like the colors and that Seat is perfect thickness. I guess I'm sort of into rivits nowadays but have you thought about using rivits to hold the cover? I think if you stretched the leather to the edge and measured 1" spaces. Hold the leather in place and drill it. Continue to hold the leather then rivit it in place. Once all the way around cut the excess lether off. It is very easy to do and might look pretty cool... Just make sure to use batting to cover and sharp edges. Keep up the great work

thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated! the rivets would be cool but i dont have a lip on the seat pan to attach them :( . soooo not too much today, gave the headlight bucket the brushed treatment and left the ring chrome, i like the contrast and i also sanded the tops of the risers because they had a dirtbike brand logo on them...... oh yeah! and i painted the bars to cover up the protaper logos.

DSC02803.jpg

That bucket looks great. And the flipped bars are nice as well. Dammit... Rob and I gotta get to work so we can catch back up!

Deviant1 said:
That bucket looks great. And the flipped bars are nice as well. Dammit... Rob and I gotta get to work so we can catch back up!

I know!! i will have a runner in no time! ;D i have been coming home from work straight into the garage mostly everyday...

Okay swagger... You're scaring me. Dichotomy?!? I read twice to make sure that's what you intended to say. 3 syllables or less dude.

well some more progress.... got the guage mounting all squared away, ran all the wiring (still need to figure out where to relocate some of it), and i even fired it up it! a little squirt of carb cleaner and viola! lol

DSC02830.jpg

rextec said:
crashed the old girl :(..... but that just means a rebuild :)... updates and new pics soon.
Never like to hear about a crash, guessing you came out of it alright. Looking forward to the updates.

Oh No! Well, I hope you're ok, the bike can be fixed but you are gonna be tougher to find replacement parts for mate.

Deviant1: sorry mate....when you sleep as little and read as much as I do shit like that slips out....I'll do my best. :-[ hehe

Thanks for the concern guys, i came out fine. Just got a sweet scar on my shoulder :) Alcohol, a broken heart and bikes do not mix..... lesson learned.

JRK5892 said:
i do not have access to our photos right now, but a quick google search... here they are
vein... they are all one shot powders, so do not worry about it, the only diff is our costs are just a touch higher... some wrinkles are really cool, i am doing my bobber frame in black velvet, it is flat black but looks like velvet, and has a weird texture to it

silver_vein.gif

hammer
1941242.jpg

All hammertone and vein finishes require a clear. Metallics rise to the surface of the finish and will oxidize.

wow that is weird, the supplier of powder we stock in the shop stated not to clear it, as there is no requirement for a clear on a hammertone, even their website, that lists when clears are recomended and requried does not have it listed

http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_31&products_id=1832

depends on the product being coated... what i mean is, if it will have gas on it (like a gas tank), or oil exposed to it like engine cases on a really old leaky bike... a clear is never a bad idea, but again this has nothing to do wiht a Metallic rise'n to the surface.

most to all vein and hammertone powders are, POLYESTER TGIC POWDER, and will not require a clear at all. if it has alot of oil or gas on the product, that will wear on it... with a clear it will be less noticable but still will wear down over time. so no you do not have to clear a vein or hammertone, unless it will have constant exposure to gas and oil, you can clear for a protective measure but for no other reason

Back
Top Bottom