www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project  (Read 79141 times)

Offline rextec

Re: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project
« Reply #20 on: Oct 24, 2009, 01:13:45 »
heres some pics of the forks i just finished rebuilding and refinishing also the exhauxt im chopping :)

before and after^^^^^
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010, 16:51:28 by rextec »
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #21 on: Oct 24, 2009, 01:47:49 »
Those are some cool scoots Joe.

That exhaust looks so much better and so does the forks. Keep on keeping on bro. Looking good!
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline rextec

« Reply #22 on: Oct 26, 2009, 03:05:17 »
Those are some cool scoots Joe.

That exhaust looks so much better and so does the forks. Keep on keeping on bro. Looking good!

Thanks! Troy your bike is sooooo nice!!!!! i love the old school look of it, very well done!

well i think im going to call off of work for the next couple of days and get some work cranked out on this thing as well as take care of some issues in my life at the moment. Working on stuff has always helped keep my mind at ease during rough spots in my life and that is why my garage is never empty.........  :) I will try to get some better pics posted up within the next couple of days. not sure if im going to drop the frame at the powder coaters or do an epoxy gloss black paint job on it yet..........
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline Kev Nemo

• Honda Hacker
    • Fallingapartart Streetwear: Destroyed By Design since 2009
« Reply #23 on: Oct 26, 2009, 12:44:48 »
Hmmm-I wonder how hard it would be to run the exhaust right above the lower cases? All of those pics (including the Heiwa) look like they just removed the stock silencers. If you're looking for just a runner, though, I say strip it down and do the trick stuff as you can afford it. I think most people's projects, no matter the category, start off looking that way-stripped down stock bike. Then you get fancy as time/money permits ;)
Fallingapartart Streetwear: Destroyed By Design since 2009 http://www.fallingapartart.com

Offline rextec

« Reply #24 on: Oct 26, 2009, 18:06:15 »
well today has been productive so far, got the engine painted but i still have to get the side cases looking like brushed aluminum. got both exhausts cut down, still need to paint and fiberglass wrap them and dropped off the frame at the powder coaters  :)

soon to be looking brand new.

need paint to cover up the rust and header wrap to cover up the paint  :P

oooooooohh aahhhhhhh.......

all clean!

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010, 16:55:25 by rextec »
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #25 on: Oct 26, 2009, 18:08:35 »
very nice! what color you going on the frame? have you thought about putting some turn downs or outs on the pipes, then wrap them leavingthe chrome tip at the end?
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline rextec

« Reply #26 on: Oct 26, 2009, 18:15:33 »
very nice! what color you going on the frame? have you thought about putting some turn downs or outs on the pipes, then wrap them leavingthe chrome tip at the end?

just going gloss black on the frame, wanted to keep most of the bike black. some turndowns would be nice, would give it a nice completed look. depending how loud it is i might have to throw some shorty muffs on it..... we will see.
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #27 on: Oct 26, 2009, 18:25:05 »
BLACK!? after all the work you are putting into this sucker you are going to put the frame back to a stock color? man there are like 1000 diff blacks that we have in the shop, maybe look at a wrinkle or velvet or vein or hammer finish, maybe flake in there... but do not jsut do a stock gloss black... I always like to do my frames in diff colors it shows i took the time to tear the bike down and do it right!
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline rextec

« Reply #28 on: Oct 26, 2009, 18:31:07 »
BLACK!? after all the work you are putting into this sucker you are going to put the frame back to a stock color? man there are like 1000 diff blacks that we have in the shop, maybe look at a wrinkle or velvet or vein or hammer finish, maybe flake in there... but do not jsut do a stock gloss black... I always like to do my frames in diff colors it shows i took the time to tear the bike down and do it right!

you know you have a point!!!!! i have until thur. or fri. to make up my mind...... im just not sure what i want................ hammer would be pretty cool. cost is also an issue, the guy is going to blast and coat the frame and swingarm for $150. you have any pics of the vein or hammer????
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #29 on: Oct 26, 2009, 18:46:01 »
i do not have access to our photos right now, but a quick google search... here they are
vein... they are all one shot powders, so do not worry about it, the only diff is our costs are just a touch higher... some wrinkles are really cool, i am doing my bobber frame in black velvet, it is flat black but looks like velvet, and has a weird texture to it

hammer
Joe
www.thepowderpro.com