www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project  (Read 79140 times)

Offline rextec

Re: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2009, 21:52:52 »
that hammered looks pretty sweet!! i will have to look at some colors when i go to the shop.

well i finished the motor completely, brushed cases and all. turned out really NICE just how i expected.

« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010, 16:56:54 by rextec »
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #31 on: Oct 27, 2009, 11:47:43 »
looks good! that filler cap just jumps out at me thought... hit that with some black, or bed liner is realy flexable and will do well on plastic and look cool
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline rextec

« Reply #32 on: Oct 27, 2009, 17:49:37 »
called off of work again today ;D. today i will be working on the front wheel getting it prepped and painted, im almost done and will post pics in a few. im going with black spokes and hub and leaving the rim chrome.

heres the pics:

before

during

after  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010, 16:49:01 by rextec »
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline troybilt

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #33 on: Oct 27, 2009, 23:17:04 »
 Man does that tape job bring back memories! Looks like you got that hub nice and clean. 
Looks really good Bro!
"One should not be too distracted by definitions. Ideas transcend definitions." — Neil deGrasse Tyson

"And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." — Ray Wylie Hubbard

“There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.”
— Hindu Proverb

Offline rextec

« Reply #34 on: Oct 27, 2009, 23:32:28 »
Man does that tape job bring back memories! Looks like you got that hub nice and clean. 
Looks really good Bro!

thank you i appreciate the kind words.  :) i hit everything pretty good with red scotch brite and then i wipe it all down with denatured alcohol, seems to do the trick.
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline goodfornothing

• Spicey!
« Reply #35 on: Oct 30, 2009, 03:30:28 »
Great progress man! You're tackling the big jobs nice and smooth. Like what Troy said, that brings back a lot of memories to when I was at that stage.

I'm excited to see how this thing comes together! Keep us updated :).
TABASCO! *Sold*
1974 Honda cb450: Clicky

Fighter Project *Sold*
1989 cbr600 Hurricane:
Clicky

Offline rextec

« Reply #36 on: Nov 04, 2009, 00:22:51 »
havent been doing much lately.... waiting on the weekend when i have a little free time to put in some work!!!

Hey JRK5892, im considering doing a raw steel frame with clear powder instead of the black, do you have any examples of this finish??????
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #37 on: Nov 04, 2009, 10:26:43 »
it depends what color you are talking about, if it is raw frame and then just a clear, if the coater uses the right clear it will just look like raw metal, if not it will look like dulled down raw metal.  it is just going to be tough to get a strong bond with the powder being shot over a non blasted surface, and leaves the opertunity for chipping or bad orange peel, just make sure your coater knows what they are doing ... if you where planning on having him blast it i would just hit it with bead blasted silver powder, there is also 100 diff raw metal finishes out there, from copper to brass to steel to stainless... all of them have  a finish just like the real metal depending on the powder supplier your coater uses
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline forcefanajd

« Reply #38 on: Nov 04, 2009, 10:33:54 »
have you considered hitting the frame with gun blueing??

Offline Swagger

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Putting boot to ass since 1967!
« Reply #39 on: Nov 04, 2009, 11:47:26 »
there's a kat here in town that's got a pretty weird bobber'd 50's NSU (!)
not much to it but this odd two stroke twin engine and two 21" wheels, but all the steel has been hot blued and oils. It makes an interesting statement for sure.
.....there's no way that little rice cooker is going 100m/h when the work need to get up to those speeds includes a big fuck off fairing shaped like a giant cock. ~Staffy

Weiner tetanus is nothing to scoff at. ~JustinLonghorn