www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project  (Read 81171 times)

Offline forcefanajd

Re: 1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project
« Reply #40 on: Nov 04, 2009, 12:01:32 »
there's a kat here in town that's got a pretty weird bobber'd 50's NSU (!)
not much to it but this odd two stroke twin engine and two 21" wheels, but all the steel has been hot blued and oils. It makes an interesting statement for sure.

one of my plans for my cb175 hardtail ill be building next year ;)

Offline JRK5892

• The Powder Pro
« Reply #41 on: Nov 04, 2009, 13:38:52 »
now that is somethign i would like to get into for a quick build, i dig those little CB175's!
Joe
"your life is an occasion, Stand up to it"
www.thepowderpro.com

recent builds: Hd street bob, TX cafe, KZ bratt, Goldwing tour, bratt wing, st fighter, road king, vriago bobber, chop, FXD, 1200 sporty, 1200xl sporty, GSXR, Royal enfield.. and more

Offline jay_kent

• 1979 cb650
    • Cafe build blog
« Reply #42 on: Nov 04, 2009, 15:36:45 »
i do not have access to our photos right now, but a quick google search... here they are
vein... they are all one shot powders, so do not worry about it, the only diff is our costs are just a touch higher... some wrinkles are really cool, i am doing my bobber frame in black velvet, it is flat black but looks like velvet, and has a weird texture to it

hammer

I  want to do a bike in Burnt Penny copper from PPG. We did it for a display that went into Home Depot. The color was sexy as hell, exactly they way a burnt penny would look like, a little texture on it as well.

Jay
DTT build thread - here
More pics at my Cafe build blog - Here

"And yeah David...you're pretty much bugshit nuts just like the rest of us." ~Swagger

Offline m357.5

• TURBO KAWI
« Reply #43 on: Nov 04, 2009, 15:49:04 »
My Matco 6 Series tool box is done in the same finish as above, Black Silver Vein. Its a tough finish, and looks cool.
KZ's, GPz's N' ZX's

Offline rextec

« Reply #44 on: Nov 04, 2009, 23:46:19 »
thanks for the tips JRK!!

have you considered hitting the frame with gun blueing??

no i havent, but it sounds like a really interesting finish....... i need to check it out.
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline dixiedevil

« Reply #45 on: Dec 13, 2009, 21:15:39 »

no i havent, but it sounds like a really interesting finish....... i need to check it out.

you would have to wipe the bike down constantly with oil because it will rust. Now if you blue it and clear coat that would be interesting. Though I'm not sure how that would end up looking.

Offline jay_kent

• 1979 cb650
    • Cafe build blog
« Reply #46 on: Dec 13, 2009, 22:11:00 »

This group used gun bluing and another patina with clearcoat to get this effect. I'm thinking about maybe something like this if for a tank.

Jay

http://www.snailartcar.com/
DTT build thread - here
More pics at my Cafe build blog - Here

"And yeah David...you're pretty much bugshit nuts just like the rest of us." ~Swagger

Offline rextec

« Reply #48 on: Feb 28, 2010, 00:50:39 »
just wanted to let everyone know im not dead!! lol... going to be doing some work on her tomorrow. i think i might be going to go a different direction than originally planned. its taking me so long because i cant seem to make up my mind on what i want to do with the damn thing!!!!
"He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist."
- St. Francis of Assisi

Offline tWistedWheelz

• BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
« Reply #49 on: Feb 28, 2010, 01:10:49 »
OK, glad to know your not dead! You have been thinking for a l...o...nnnnn...ggggggggg ass time! Its a rebel dude! Aside from completely redesigning the entire frame, making new motor castings, fabing your own tins, and forging new parts from the flames of hell; you only have so many options! I hope you shock me though!

Not trying to bust your balls man, just givin you a little hell, I was wondering were the hell you had gone?