Triumph tracker

TurboCrash said:
new5001.jpg

Hi Turbo!

Can you please tell me what wheels are on your nice Triumph?
I like the classic x-spoke design!

Best regards
Sven

Thay look like and may have been made by Morris. On the rim area there is a logo that looks like Performance Machine. I got the bike in Santa Ana Calf. 1979 it had different brake system then a Hurst fr caliper and master/cylinder and on the rear caliper it has Peromance Machine cast in. I think all that stuff is a very early brake system from them.

TurboCrash said:
Thay look like and may have been made by Morris. On the rim area there is a logo that looks like Performance Machine. I got the bike in Santa Ana Calf. 1979 it had different brake system then a Hurst fr caliper and master/cylinder and on the rear caliper it has Peromance Machine cast in. I think all that stuff is a very early brake system from them.

Read: super pricey, highly sought after collector pieces... VERY COOL. I bet you could unload those to one of the Japanese builders for enough scratch to buy a new Triumph. :eek:

Thanx guys!

So I'd have to look for Morris wheels if I wanted some?

Btw. here's an interesting link to a german guy who didn't want to
ride on rotten Campagnolos (Mg) anymore and made his own:

file.php

file.php

file.php

Here's the whole story: http://www.boyz-on-bikes.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1131

Best regards
Sven

WOW now thats gotta have it your way wheel making. Kawasaki had a similar wheel on some of there older bikes 80s GPZ I think. I see loads of them at the salvage yard. VonYinzer ya think them things are really worth somthin ? To bad I dont have the front brake that came on it. The disc on it now are from a Yamaha TZ 750. The carriers are Magneseam. kind cool. I gottem at a swap meet in Orange county Calf. I used a BMW master cyl. thats under the tank. Makes the bars nice and clean. If I could find a cool tail light I'd got the darn thing finished.

SCM this may help. omarsdtr.com make a adapter kit to us a 19" front mag on the rear for street tracker. Its for a Yamaha wheel H beam but Yamaha disc bolt strate on my Morris wheels. I'm wondering if the Kawasaki + wheel has the same bolt pattern.

Thanks Turbo for your hint and kind reply!

It was not the 19" size (in fact I prefer 18" as I'm riding on tarmac...)
but the cool design I was after, so I'm gonna look for the Kwak wheels,
hopefully they are affordable (heavy for sure... :-[)

Btw. the old Yamaha disc bolt pattern (6x M8 on 80mm circle, 64mm center)
has long time been very common, a lot of older Brembo/Ducati discs use it
too.

Best regards
Sven

TurboCrash said:
SCM this may help. omarsdtr.com make a adapter kit to us a 19" front mag on the rear for street tracker. Its for a Yamaha wheel H beam but Yamaha disc bolt strate on my Morris wheels. I'm wondering if the Kawasaki + wheel has the same bolt pattern.

The adapters are big bucks. About $300. I'd just find an 18/19" Kawasaki rear/front rim off of either a 550 or bigger GPz or KZ standard. You can get both the Dunlop K70 or K180 DOT dirt track treads for the 18/19 rim set. The advantage of the 18 would be the cush hub, giving a bit smoother ride, the advantage of the 19 with adapter is a lighter look. If you strip the black off of the rims with Zip Strip you'll have a cool look.

Here are my 18/19 rear/front on the SR:

bikepics-1867010-full.jpg

They're the stock SR500 wheels and rotors. I need to drill the rotors to make them look a bit lighter.

By the way, I have an SR500 19" rim that needs new bearings hanging in my garage. I might be interested in selling it if the price is right.

TurboCrash said:
WOW now thats gotta have it your way wheel making. Kawasaki had a similar wheel on some of there older bikes 80s GPZ I think.

My 500/4 had similar alloy wheels (19/18) made by Ronal, but the front wheel wasn't true. Luckily I also discovered the similarity of a 305 GPZ wheel by searching ebay.de. So I bought one with orig. brake discs which had too small OD for Hondas brakes, so I had discs laser cut (resembling bacon slicers).

kawheel.jpg

24012009204.jpg

I found also similar 5-spoke version in 19 inch diameter from a Kawasaki LTD (IIRC), but haven't tested yet wether brake disc will fit etc.

Thanks for this hint, these wheels look nice, x-beamed and an odd number of spokes.

Best regards
Sven

VonYinzer said:
Ya man. I bet theres someone out there who would pay ya top dollar....

top dollar isn't absolutely the "right price". I'm just not going to sell it for like $10. It should be worth like $20 or so. I've just not looked on line or anything.

Brakes are done ;D On to the paint, it may windup just one color for now. Then later when more time and Dollors are available get it done factory. This week end I'll get out the torch and weld the cracks in the expantion camber. Probly have the fire dept over for all the smoke the thing will make with the oil in it. ::)
3-18-10014.jpg

The Astro master cyl is a Brembo I got from staracerframes.com or try flattrackaccessories.com. I have one I got at a salvage yard that may work for ya.
tina011.jpg

Damn-that looks like so much fun! So I'm confused- this looks like the Bultaco beater in one pic, but we started talking about a Trump. Is the Trump lump going back in? If you have two bikes, by all means, put it in a separate thread-this section needs more project bike threads. ;D

Back
Top Bottom