Winter CB360 Cafe Project

2.3efi

Been Around the Block
I'm not new to bikes, but this is my first crash course in cafe racers. I have always loved the look and idea of a stripped down, essentials only motorcycle. I was given this bike 2 years ago and let it sit after having trouble with the carbs. Working on friends bikes and not having a running bike of my own was finally getting to me so i decided to get the ball rolling.

10939118790741837112488.jpg

I stripped it down to a bare frame and cut off all the unnecessary tabs.

10939118790745837212488.jpg

10939118790753837412488.jpg

I got the seat in the mail yesterday and tossed it on just to get an idea. I still need to trim it up and make a new mount for the tank to level it out.

bike1t.jpg

bike2q.jpg

Welcome to DTT. good start on your build. Seat looks good. What kind is it? What are you gonna do with that tank? Keep it up and we are all picture whores so keep them coming.
Peace Travis

The seat isn't that short at all. I picked it up from cafeseat.com. I should have said that I planned to trim the lip of the seat so it would sit lower in the front. I removed the rear mount on the tank and I have to come up with a different mount so that the seat and tank meet up flush.

Dimensions of the seat from cafeseat.com

"26" over all length, 17" seat length, 9" widest part,
6 1/2 at the front, 4" tall bump, 1" deep sides"

Here is a better profile shot. The the tank sits on a slope right now since the mount is removed. I plan on the seat and tank meeting flush when I mount the seat and figure out a rear mount for the tank.

img8207.jpg

Oh thats nice ;D Just in those other pics it looked short. It's actually quite long I may have to check that seat out as I need a longer one. I had the sme problem on my bike with the tank. I made a simple mount out of a piece of tubing and some plate. i made a t out of the plate and tubing and welded it to the backbone and put the original tank rubber on it and voila.heres a couple of pics
IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

thompsonmx100 said:
Oh thats nice ;D Just in those other pics it looked short. It's actually quite long I may have to check that seat out as I need a longer one. I had the sme problem on my bike with the tank. I made a simple mount out of a piece of tubing and some plate. i made a t out of the plate and tubing and welded it to the backbone and put the original tank rubber on it and voila.heres a couple of pics
IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

I like it... Im stealing it!

Swapped on a cl350 fork and rim today. I'm really digging the look. Also cleaned up the front a little with the drum brake. Everything is only finger tight so if something looks a little off, it probably is lol. Also pay no attention to the stock flipped bars, i just wanted to get an idea of how it will look.

bike2f.jpg

bike1k.jpg

bikel.jpg

I got bored and made a new overlay for my tach. Has anyone resealed the pod after taking it apart?

tachcomplete.jpg

those overlay's are smokin... nice start on the build and look forward to seeing watching this project.

Spent a couple of hours powder coating tonight. I looked like i just came out a coal mine after I finished up.

20100118234601k.jpg

I have been overly motivated to get this bike done for the spring.

I have been literally doing this project underneath my buddy's race car.

garagesmall.jpg

I tested out the home made soda blaster that was posted on half fast. I was really happy with the short test I did. Unfortunately it goes through baking soda real quick so I was only able to go at it for about 45 seconds, but the results where very promising. I didn't use any degreaser or anything before hitting it with the blaster. My friend and I are talking about building a cabinet for blasting.

carbs.jpg

Here is the cut out I am going to put on to the back of the tank to make it a little more flush with the seat and frame.

cutoutq.jpg

I also powder coated my front fender matte black. I think I may be addicted to matte black right now.

fender.jpg

And finally my next big project is getting the heart and soul of the bike going again.

engineaw.jpg

Some long due updates on my bike. I have been busy powder coating and wrenching. I got the motor to run last week so I'm really excited. My seat is getting upholstered as I speak so that should be ready to go real soon. Still needs paint and some other odds and ends.

barssmall.jpg

shocks.jpg

cb360barssmall.jpg

15188750.jpg

img8901i.jpg

img8930f.jpg

2.3efi said:
Some long due updates on my bike. I have been busy powder coating and wrenching. I got the motor to run last week so I'm really excited. My seat is getting upholstered as I speak so that should be ready to go real soon. Still needs paint and some other odds and ends.

Nice work on the powdercoating fella. Love the tacho too. At first I didn't see the "F" in SHIFT, and thought that would be just as cool ;D

cheers
ian

your photo colouring is awesome. Gives this project the attention it deserves. Powder looks awesome.

It's been a while since I have updated my build thread, but I'm happy to say the bike is running and have been riding it around for the past few months enjoying it. I still need to paint the tank and seat.

4742926670_12a168fae1_b.jpg

4740411974_06fa64194a_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom