project cb750 with 330 wheel convertion

that is kind of what i want to know as well... a front end like that can DRASTICLY improve the handling of a vintage scoot... and it looks cool as shit.

troybilt said:
Make sure you know what catagory it falls under or you will be accused of not knowing what you are doing by the tracker gods

Yeah, I have similar problem also. I have bought a non-running modified motorcycle and since then I have made modifications of my own. Had some brake discs cut, machined some spacers to adopt a new front wheel. bought a nos seat. welded some exhaust, and planning to paint the bike but now I have the problem should it be categorized as bought, built or modified. Whish I could get a official approval from some of the Builder Gods. I still would like to enjoy riding, "building" and sharing some of it in this and other forums.

lookmanohands.jpg

A Tracker God?

How the hell did I miss this monster? Thats something else man. I mean, wow. My first impression, was WHAT THE FUCK MAN!? But the more I stare the more it pulls me in. I surely agree that the fab work is amazing. Big props for goin' all out.

VonYinzer said:
Thats something else man. I mean, wow. My first impression, was WHAT THE FUCK MAN!?

Yup, something else than blacked out honda with clubman bars and cafe written all over it.

Joksa: Don't worry about what everyone else thinks man, we build them for personal gratification. If someone else gets off on it, great...if not...they aren't doing it right!

Heh....my comment was not regarding anything anyone here said, only to his worry about the snobs bro. Don't sweat it....

Man this thing is awesome. Is that a widened gsxr wheel. If so who did you have do the mod? Those propane tanks are the air tanks? I really like it. I found this guy with a kz bobber http://www.hotshoecustoms.com/hotshoekz.html

tWistedWheelz said:
All that insane fab work and design to get that monster truck tire under the rear and you ask the guy how he swapped the front ???

WOW!

It's neat, but never been something I've wanted to accomplish. I, however, have wanted to put a set of modern forks on a vintage bike for years. So I just asked about the one I was interested in. Not discrediting the amount of work the rear took, just not looking to find out how it's done. :)

charlesskelter said:
It's neat, but never been something I've wanted to accomplish. I, however, have wanted to put a set of modern forks on a vintage bike for years. So I just asked about the one I was interested in. Not discrediting the amount of work the rear took, just not looking to find out how it's done. :)

I was not flaming you brother, only saying I can not believe that is what you ask about! There is lots of info all over this site on swapping fronts. Its realy as simple as pressing out your neck stem and re-pressing it into the forks you want to use! Or if the length is the same, it is just a matter of getting barings that match the inside and outside diameter you need! Some old necks that use the ball baring with no casing, just balls, well thats a little different. But it can still be done with a little machine work. Go to the 1-800-cafe-help section and search it. You will find multiple threads on it! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom