1976 cb500 Bobber/Cafe help

Jximbo

Hello everyone my names Jimmy and i recently bought a 76 cb500 and hope to turn it into something like "BEAT THE CLOCK", that bike is sick as hell and im really looking to do something like that with mine, Troy recommended i make an account on here because everyone is so helpful. The bike runs pretty good overall, just will need a quick tune up and should run great. here is a pic from the day i got it
24e2bky.jpg

All ive really done so far was take off a few things, raise the tank way up, and paint it all black and put on some cheap temp bars lol just to keep me satisfied for the time being, still on the first stages of this build so i have a ways to go....
1zzs22v.jpg

any suggestions on where to start?

first step is to get the stance you want then go from there. stretch the swing arm, lower the forks... the build from there... man did you just pull the carbs and shoot the whole thing flat black?

First off welcome to the site Jimmy.
Your insperation comes from a fantastic build thats for sure. JRK5892 is spot on, get her at the stance you want first then do all the detail work.

If you like the high look with the tank I'd suggest using a Sportster tank, the stock tank has great lines but just looks odd to me raised up at the front....needs to be narrow like a Sporty tank to pull that high in the front look off, but thats just my thoughts.

Keep at it and update us as you go along 8) we like pics ;D

JRK5892 said:
first step is to get the stance you want then go from there. stretch the swing arm, lower the forks... the build from there... man did you just pull the carbs and shoot the whole thing flat black?

thanks alot man, yea thats what i did, i want to have this bike to be somewhat all black, so that just gave me a little peek of what i have coming.

how about the pipes?

will it hurt anything if i take off thoes mufflers and fire it up to hear what it sounds like? i heard it can mess the carbs up?

m357.5 said:
First off welcome to the site Jimmy.
Your insperation comes from a fantastic build thats for sure. JRK5892 is spot on, get her at the stance you want first then do all the detail work.

If you like the high look with the tank I'd suggest using a Sportster tank, the stock tank has great lines but just looks odd to me raised up at the front....needs to be narrow like a Sporty tank to pull that high in the front look off, but thats just my thoughts.

Keep at it and update us as you go along 8) we like pics ;D

thanks man, i was thinking the same exact thing with the sporty tank but still is a thought in progress

i would look more for a penut tank, woudl look better, but would need the back bone cut out and opened up to fit, hell so would a sporty tank unless you ran it frisco... i think that looks lazy. but that is me....
for the pipes, go ahead. it will not ruin anything. the bike will prob run like crap, but it will not hurt it. if you run a stock air box, you can remove the baffels or run a strait pip off it, then just rejet it... simple and will have meaner sound... i think some turn outs would be cool as hell!

Yeaa thanks for the advice, and i see your from Chicago, me to. you know anyone who does the powder coats? i want to get my wheels done sometime soon

yes sir man! let me know when you are ready!
here is our site www.thepowderpro.com
we are always open to help you out man!

Back
Top Bottom