Fork Brace / Fender

Ease

83 XJ650RK, 77 TS-250
This is a repost from another area.
I figured I'd give it a shot over here - Make me an offor if you want... Otherwise I'll probably just hang it back up in the garage...

Center to center the bolt holes are approx 6cm.
Distance across from the outside is about 13.3cm (has some stretch/shrink-ability for squeezing it on, though it is a brace, so it isn't flexible enough to pull it apart with your hands.

Here are a few Pics:
I'm considering e-baying it if ya don't want it.
BracedFrontFender4.jpg

BracedFrontFender1.jpg

BracedFrontFender2.jpg

BracedFrontFender3.jpg

It's not perfect, and there's a small chip in the paint on the brace (not rattlecanned, base+clear), the fender has the stripes buried under clearcoat, but to be perfect would need a wet sanding and a buff to make the whole surface level.

*Edit* to be perfectly clear - I did make this myself so it's not absolutely perfect (the brace, I never made the fender).
The fender itself has a small "twist" in it. My plan was to drill the mounting holes in the fender just a bit more to allow for some adjustability, but I ended up repairing my stock fender and really liked the way it looked... so this one has just been collecting dust, as you said.

just curious......how did you make the brace? i hear that hoop design is preferable to the flat ones that clamp around the forks.

3eaa_1.JPG

duncan said:
just curious......how did you make the brace? i hear that hoop design is preferable to the flat ones that clamp around the forks.

The brace was fairly easy to make.
All you need is some roundbar and a thick metal strip about 1 1/4 inches wide.
Just cut the strips in a \__/ shape.
Then I cut the shape I needed to go over the tire in wood and bent the roundbar over the top of it (with a torch and hammer).
Weld the bar to the edges of the strips and voila, cut to length and pretty 'em up.

Cost in material is about 10 bucks for the roundbar - 10 bucks for the strips.

BikeFeb7-078.jpg

duncan said:
thx for the info. too bad it's a bit big for my kz1000....

No problem.

Head on out and get the materials. All you need is a torch, a hacksaw, a drill and a buddy who can weld and you're set.
;D

BTW the fender is mounted to the brace via 4 drilled/tapped holes in the bottom to keep it all hidden and clean.

Back
Top Bottom