Kawasakis

78 KZ650 B Cafe here... I built it last winter and in the process of "re-building/ finishing" it this year....

jerry smith said:
I've been racing a '75 Z1 for 5 years (over 60 races and the motor's still strong).Stock except for a Wiseco 1015 kit,Progressive shocks and fork springs,and Avon race rubber.A bit of a handfull,but great fun to ride.I bought a Rickman frame and 2 motors a few years ago,but couldn't afford a build.This year the company I work for sponsored the motor work-a '77 motor with a 1075 Wiseco kit,welded crank,headwork,29mm Mikunis,and race rubber.I hope to have it finished in a few weeks,and race it with the VRRA and save the '75 for the 2 hour endurance races.
IMG_0176.jpg
Mosport2008020.jpg
IMG_4655.jpg
IMG_4746.jpg

I thought I recognized your bike... I shot some pictures of the KZ at Mid Ohio in 2009 because it had the Yoshimura exhaust on it. A friend hada chrome one in 1976 on his 75 KZ900. I love the way it is tucked in so tight you can almost not see it under the swingarm when looking down from above the seat. Really cool pipe beautiful bike. Hope your racing continues to go well. Maybe I will say hi if I see you at Mid Ohio should you go this year.

maybe my kawasaki qualifies for the list?
its not finished yet but its a kawa kz650
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36988

What to do, what to do?!?

KGrHqVHJBMEO5muCUjBPzbDQ3g48_20.jpg

I have this 78 KZ1000. I haven't verified the condition, but it appears good. It needs carbs (on order) and some TLC to be sure. The frame has been braced and the shocks laid down.

I'm leaning to a "Retro Z1 Tribute" of sorts. I have wire wheels with aluminum rims, dual discs up front and a drum rear. Retro Hindle pipe, etc, etc.

I also have access to a zrx swing arm, KYB shocks, zrx wheels and a complete front end. We could go more modern??

Hmmm....

'83 KZ440 Ltd D5 over here. I'd post pics if I could figure out how.

You can add my 2nd Kawi Gpz 305 project 90% restore "Jett"

And my 3rd Kawi Gpz 305 project Dragbike/LSR "Derelict Dragon"

from the link in my signature.

Thank You :)

Back
Top Bottom