CB550F header and MAC muffler. NICE!

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Here's a very nice 550F header and MAC muffler. You don't see too many in nice shape.
This one as good chrome with minor scratches, as expected for a 35 year old piece. No rust or heavy pitting.

It does have some minor road rash on the bottom of the #2 and #4 pipes. It doesn't appear to have been down; more like it bottomed out or scraped over a speed bump or something. I touched it up with some hi-temp "chrome" paint, as seen in the pictures. I mocked it up and the scratches are not readily noticeable when mounted on the bike.
This header even has the protector that covers up the clamp and dresses it up a little. You rarely see those with the 550F headers, either.

Also included is a VERY nice MAC muffler. No scrapes or dents other than normal handling wear. No rust. Included is the stock muffler stay with the rubber bumper for the center stand.

Asking $200 plus shipping for everything. I'm fairly firm on the price, as these are in very nice shape, but I'm open to reasonable offers. I MAY separate the two, depending on interest, but I prefer to sell them as a pair. Sorry about the slightly blurry pics. Chrome is hard to photograph with my cheap camera.

A NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING: I recently shipped a similar exhaust set-up and, despite my best efforts to get an accurate quote, I still ended up paying for some of the shipping out of my pocket. These items aren't heavy, but they require a large box because of their shape. That means a 22lb. box is treated as a 65lb. package by UPS and the Post Office. You can expect to pay ~$50-75 shipping in the continental US. I will charge only actual shipping costs.
Feel free to pick up in the Charlotte, NC/Columbia, SC area.

P1300014Small.jpg

P1300006Small.jpg

P1300008Small.jpg

P1300010Small.jpg

P1300011Small.jpg

P1300012Small.jpg

P1300013Small.jpg

I recently got a quote on the actual shipping box; more like ~$65-85 shipped.
So, how's $250 shipped in the continental US sound? Anyone?

Sorry for the late reply. I just saw your query.

I'd REALLY rather sell the system. It's already boxed up and ready to go.
As much as I'd like to lower the price, I'm right at my break even point and I think it's priced fairly. Heck, the muffler alone sells new for $145.73 from MAC.
http://www.mawonline.com/newsite/mac-exhausts.htm

Back
Top Bottom