The Holy Grail Has Arrived

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
Just got them today ......... :eek: ;D ;D ;D ;D. Carbs for the XS650RR project

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

So, are there two more in that box? Hint hint, nudge nudge? Those are originally for a Honda CR750 no?

Tintin said:
So, are there two more in that box? Hint hint, nudge nudge? Those are originally for a Honda CR750 no?

The box is a decoy ;D ..... no there are only 2. I had Sudco make the kit up for me. These carbs were originally for multi cylinder jap bikes ... racing purposes only (ya right), but are used on a number of applications now. These are 35mm and should make the XS puuurrrr like a kitten. Ideally wanted to put a set of flat slides on, but the rules will not allow .....

These are the flatslides ......
404072048_70f6e8b827.jpg

So if I were hunting for the holy grail of street carbs, what would you suggest I look for? I'll have two sets of stock carbs to play with, but might as well look for something better in the meantime.

Tintin said:
So if I were hunting for the holy grail of street carbs, what would you suggest I look for? I'll have two sets of stock carbs to play with, but might as well look for something better in the meantime.

34 or 36mm Mikuni VM's . They are available at numerous dealers. The Canadian distributor is Winner's Circle in Markham. However you can purchase them cheaper from a company in Niagara Falls NY ..... www.sportingforless.com ... [size=10pt][size=10pt]Should you only do one thing to your project, DO THIS .. The stock carbs are like any CV style (junk), always going out of sync a pain to do jetting.[/size][/size]

I'll have to check them out. Funny, I sold some unrelated stuff to a guy who told me if I ever need anything from Winner's Circle to let him know.... might have to do that :)

Those CR carbs are fuctional as well as looking good. I have a set to put on my SRX600 project. Looking forward to seeing your bike when it is done.
Greg

T 250 said:
Those CR carbs are fuctional as well as looking good. I have a set to put on my SRX600 project. Looking forward to seeing your bike when it is done.
Greg

Hey Greg ... lets have a look at the SRX !!!!. Love those bikes.

Back
Top Bottom